About Quarter Zero (QØ)
We believe that every person has potential. The potential to create, disrupt and thrive. But for that potential to be fully realized it needs to be affirmed and developed starting at an early age.
At Quarter Zero, we exist to help young people power their potential. We do this by creating a immersive, real-world entrepreneurial environment where high school students can work hand-in-hand with top industry advisors to shape and guide their passions and ideas. Our learning and development experiences challenge our participants to become problem solvers, equipped with the skills to thrive in a competitive and rapidly changing world. We provide hands-on entrepreneurial programs through our flagship Catapult Incubator and Startup Bootcamp.
About the Role
Over the years, we’ve come to realize that our mission is not just implementing a best-in-class immersive entrepreneurship experience for young people, but something greater, to untap and power the potential we all have starting at a young age. We see tremendous opportunity and power in our long-term developmental approach to talent and we’re investing in this opportunity through building out our first marketing/brand team. You will be a key player on the team with a focus specifically on implementing our marketing and recruitment strategy for our programs and products. We are looking for someone who can multitask well, juggle different channels, and communicate effectively with various audiences. This is a role that requires you to get into the weeds & is perfect for those who are eager to learn the ins & outs of what it takes to scale a startup.
This role will report directly to the Brand + Marketing Director and will collaborate closely with our Product Team Members.
- Work closely on developing and creating content across various mediums (blog, social media, video, etc.)
- Develop email marketing such as newsletters, drip campaigns, etc.
Data & Analytics:
- Continuously analyze data of incoming student admissions and marketing outreach
- Make data-driven decisions quickly, changing course as needed
Tactical Implementation Across Broad Scope:
- Our marketing tactics may fall across a broad scope. For this reason, your responsibilities may vary greatly in the day-to-day. They may include:
- Word of mouth: leveraging QØ champions & personal relationships, outreach to alumni students or parents
- Online/digital: creating paid marketing pushes and social media campaigns
- Indirect: engaging with educators/schools, parents, and partner organizations through email campaigns, phone calls, etc.
- Brand expansion: create & collaborate with designer on assets to ensure branding alignment, potential PR opportunities
Qualifications and Skills:
- 1+ year of experience in marketing/brand development
- Experience working in a startup environment is a plus
- Experience working in a small team environment is a plus
- Excellent written communication
- Excellent skill set of data analytics, Excel, and Google Sheets
- Excellent attention to detail is a must - this role will require careful proofreading
- Ability to communicate with a variety of different audiences ranging from high school students to bureaucratic establishments
Quarter Zero is a fast-paced startup run by a small and nimble team. We work hard because we believe in our mission, but we also work smart because we believe in efficiency. We value a flat hierarchical structure and actively look for opportunities where team members can grow in their experience and voice their insights.
At Quarter Zero, we are committed to diversity both in our programs and in our company. We often ask our students to leverage their unique perspective to solve a problem. Similarly, we are looking for individuals who can leverage their unique backgrounds to drive greater impact and serve a diverse set of students.
We’re looking for team members who have:
- A strong interest in startups, social impact, and youth development.
- Ownership and self-sufficiency. We value those who can be independent, make smart decisions on the fly, and be highly adaptable.
- Humbleness & a willingness to do a range of tasks from big to small. This is a small startup so every day is different and no job is below any of us.
- A desire to see the impact of their work directly & immediately. This is not a place where you work for “the man” or are just a “cog in the wheel.”
- The appetite to work hard with a small team and ambition to grow into future leadership positions as the company grows.
- A great sense of humor! We love a good laugh and a jovial spirit.
Santa Barbara, California.
Given the nature of our work, this role may require traveling to our programming events and/or various business trips. All business-related travel expenses (housing, food, transportation, etc.) will be covered by QØ.
- Benefits: Healthcare allowance & reimbursement plan, commuter benefits, and more.
- Grow With Us: You'll be given a vast amount of responsibility & independence. We hate micromanaging and want you to take ownership.
- Close-Knit Small Team: A flat structure, annual retreats, team activities, and open feedback make for a happy work environment.
- Flexible Vacation Culture: We recognize that rest is important so we don’t have a culture of nitpicking exact days.
- Remote-Friendly: Whether it’s working from home when the weather is terrible or working from your hometown-home to visit your family.
- Social Impact: We operate as a social enterprise and love that our work impacts the next generation of entrepreneurs & startups.
NOTE: Due to the close proximity to minors, candidates being considered for the position will be required to pass a criminal background check during the interview process.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To formally apply for this position, please email JoinOurTeam@QuarterZero.com with the following:
1) job title you are applying for
2) Santa Barbara office
3) cover letter (300 words max)
5) how you heard about this position