BURN designs, manufactures, and distributes aspirational fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world. BURN has revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling a high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized cookstoves. Since 2013, BURN has sold 400,000 cookstoves in East Africa, which have helped 2,000,000+ beneficiaries save $45 million in fuel expenditures and 926,221 tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN is experiencing strong growth and intends to increase sales by more than 50% in 2018. BURN is growing quickly and is looking for someone to help fuel this growth from the operations side.
· Oversee and drive growth in the Production, Maintenance, Quality, Supply Chain, and Inventory departments.
· Liaising with the senior management team to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals.
· Planning and monitoring the day-to-day running of business to ensure smooth progress.
· Budgeting and reporting.
· Ensure a safe and healthy workplace.
· Help drive new products into stable operations, including project management, updating systems, planning for resources, timelines, etc.
· Ownership of ERP system.
· Material planning and forecasting.
· Plan and implement new systems.
· Continuous improvement in systems, products, production, communication, and people.
· Team management.
· 2 years’ of experience as Head of Operations, General Manager, or the like
· 2 years’ experience working in international environment
· 1-year experience forecasting
· 5 years’ working experience in a production environment
· Engineering background is a plus
· Experience in East Africa is a plus
Apply: send cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required