15760 VENTURA BLVD.
JOB TITLE: Data Clerk
HOURS: Full Time
REPORTS TO: Director of Data and Technology
Please send a cover letter, résumé and salary range requirement with the job title in the subject line to email@example.com. Be sure to include explanation as to why you are interested in the position.
Charter Impact is a mission-driven business partner dedicated to empowering charter schools and non-profits with professional, personalized financial management and operational support.
Our # 1 priority is to provide timely, accurate financial information with dependable, responsive customer service at an affordable cost.
Our model of service resembles more of a hand-in-hand partnership than a “back” office company. We stand with our clients, not behind them, and help navigate from start-up through strategic growth and into long-term sustainability.
Every organization is different and so is our approach with each client. We begin by listening to each organization's unique needs and creating tailored solutions. Our financial management methodology strives to improve financial process efficiency to enable cost reduction, increase internal controls, and heighten confidence in financial information.
The Data Clerk is an entry level position responsible for Student Information System (SIS), CALPADS and attendance related tasks, including creating reports and maintaining student data for Charter Impact clients. The position will collaborate with clients to ensure accurate gathering and reporting of attendance and school data in support of state reporting requirements. This position will report to the Director of Data and Technology. This position is highly visible to Charter Impact clients and therefore, an upbeat personality and customer-service oriented sense of professionalism is a must.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide student information and attendance related technical support to clients
- Troubleshoot problems related to student information systems
- Support data validation and report submission associated with attendance and CALPADS information
- Support with gathering data and submitting attendance and state data
- Other duties as assigned
Generally, any combination of education that would provide the required knowledge and skills for successful performance would qualify. A typical method of demonstrating these requirements would be:
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field
EXPERIENCE: One year of data reconciliation and quality control preferred
- Student Information Systems (PowerSchool, Illuminate, etc.), attendance administration and CALPADS
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Basic/Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite skills – (Advanced Excel skills preferred)
- Proper and effective use of English grammar and communication skills (oral and written)
Candidates must also have the ability to:
· Align with Charter Impacts core beliefs and business philosophy
· Demonstrate a passion for improving urban public education and a willingness to make a long-term commitment to the non-profit sector
· Thrive in a fast-paced and achievement-oriented environment with an entrepreneurial mindset
· Manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting project deadlines
· Respond to customer needs in a timely manner
· Be flexible and adapt to constantly changing environments
· Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills to build and cultivate relationships with clients, school leaders and other Charter Impact teams
· Go above and beyond to contribute to the success of a dynamic and highly collaborative team committed to a new future for non-profits and charter schools
· Learn and understand the nuances of urban school environments and school culture
· Demonstrate an upbeat personality and customer-service oriented sense of professionalism
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (with or without accommodation as needed to perform essential job functions)
- Read numbers, reports, and documents on computer terminals
- Use telephone and other communication devices
- Lift up to 20 pounds (Light)
- Prolonged sitting, standing, some bending, stooping and stretching
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
Ability to give, receive, and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials and articulate goals and action plans.
- Work indoors in a standard office environment
- Occasionally work outside of normal workdays and office hours to meet deadlines
- Travel may be required for professional development events and to client locations
- Is required to directly communicate with clients.
Salary is commensurate with experience. A standard benefits package is included.
Standard benefits package with health, dental, vision, and 401(k).
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, résumé and salary range requirement with the job title in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include explanation as to why you are interested in the position.