601 W. 26th St. Suite 325
American Prison Data Systems (APDS) is a public benefits corporation and a certified B-Corp that provides technology to correctional facilities across the country. There are more than 2 million people incarcerated and more than 4.5 million paroled in the US. APDS provides tablet based education solutions for incarcerated learners and those recently paroled in order to create better outcomes through individualized education, rehabilitation, and reentry programming.
Learn more at www.apdscorporate.com
We’re looking for a self-motivated and detail-oriented professional to join our Support team, tackling daily technical and programmatic issues to ensure that APDS clients (correctional facilities, staff, and incarcerated individuals) can successfully utilize APDS technology and software.
- Evaluate and resolve technical support requests, according to set procedures, including referral to third-party support resources
- Respond directly to inquiries from specific correctional facilities (and staff) regarding engagement with our services
- Conduct on-site support at client correctional facilities on as-needed basis
- Assist in training staff and instructors on use of APDS platform and services, and how to promote program engagement among end users
- Support clients in creating and uploading their own digital education content
- Maintain on-call support-hours as a member of the APDS Support team
- Other projects, as assigned
Qualifications and Desired Skill:
- Technical Support/Customer Service experience preferred
- General technical fluency with technology and mobile devices, including tablet computers. Technologies utilized by this role include: Salesforce, Airwatch, MS Excel, learning management systems, and APDS-developed systems
- Strong organizational skills, with meticulous attention to detail, able to manage multiple simultaneous projects and issues through to successful completion.
- Fast learner, self-starter
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong verbal and written communication - able to communicate effectively with correctional staff and convey a strong customer-service orientation
- Willingness to operate in correctional environments with incarcerated individuals and correctional staff
- Background and experience in criminal justice/corrections preferred
- Belief in APDS’s mission to reduce recidivism and improve the life chances of incarcerated learners and returning citizens
Equal Opportunity Employer
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, APDS is committed to creating a workplace that respects and values diversity of cultural, ethnic and experiential backgrounds. We strongly encourage candidates who represent the communities we serve to apply.
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits (Fully Covered Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Medical savings, Transit, etc.).
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply with your resume and answer the following questions. Send via this link: https://goo.gl/forms/c4EbbvRgstQGulYj2
Explain how your background makes you a good candidate for this position.
Why do you want work in the criminal justice field?