222 W Merchandise Mart Plaza
Packed with Purpose: Operations Associate
Are you interested in applying your attention to detail and operations prowess to create a positive impact? Are you motivated to use your can-do attitude in a highly collaborative, fast paced start-up environment? If so, Packed with Purpose may be just what you’re looking for.
Packed with Purpose is seeking an Operations Associate to support our sales, operations and inventory management processes. Since our launch in 2016 we’ve delighted our clients and their recipients with unique gifts that give back. We’re looking for a self-motivated individual to join our team to support our sales and general business growth.
About the Company:
Packed with Purpose is a Chicago-based corporate gifting company with a social mission. We help our clients delight their gift recipients with unforgettable gifts that stand out AND do good. From granola made by female victims of abuse to glass-blown wine stoppers that support teens affected by gun violence, our gifts leave a lasting impression. We curate high-quality products from socially conscious purveyors to create unforgettable gifts that both impress recipients and improve the lives of the individuals and communities who made them.
The Operations Associate is a key member of our team who will oversee our SOIP (Sales, Operations, Inventory) planning process in conjunction with our leadership team. In managing SOIP processes you will ensure orders are processed and shipped error-free, delivering our services on-time and on-budget, propelling Packed with Purpose to the forefront of the socially conscious gifting industry.
You will be responsible for inventory planning & management and order management, which will include liaising between our sales team, fulfillment center and product suppliers. The right candidate thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and uses their initiative, creativity, and problem solving skills to achieve consistent operations results.
As a growing startup, we operate in an exciting, ever-changing, fast-paced environment; no two days will feel the same. As such, 90% of your role as the Operations Associate will focus on the responsibilities noted, and 10% will include areas in which you can uniquely contribute to the company’s growth, whatever your superpower or passion areas might be.
- Liaise with internal sales team to manage product inventory based on forecasted sales, on-hand inventory and outgoing gift orders
- Conduct weekly inventory reviews to evaluate planned vs. actual inventory and develop action plans as necessary; daily inventory reviews are likely during peak Q4 holiday season
- Work closely with Sales Team to communicate any potential issues and identification of opportunities for resolution
- Execute all confirmed orders on-time through close relationship with our shipping & fulfillment third party logistics provider
- Manage all outgoing orders from confirmed order details (with sales team) to order packaging and shipment details (with shipping & fulfillment center)
- Document and process all purchase orders and invoices using bookkeeping software
- Manage online orders through Shopify and ensure error-free execution with fulfillment center
- Communicate all corporate details and customizations with fulfillment partner
- Apply your problem solving skills to improve general business and operations processes to ensure orders and inventory management are executed flawlessly
Experience/ Personal Attributes:
- Strong command of Microsoft excel required
- Experience using inventory management software, Quickbooks a plus
- Strong analytical skills and business understanding with an ability to present complex ideas in a simple way
- Data, process and results driven, with extreme attention to detail and desire to avoid pitfalls and potential errors
- Accountability for key results and deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to focus, prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects under deadline
- Inherent problem solver
- Open to change as part of a business that is growing quickly and adapting to business practices and growth
You will be working alongside founder Leeatt Rothschild, who has had extensive experience in the social impact and business sectors prior to launching Packed with Purpose. Learn more about Leeatt here
Interested applicants should send their resumes and a cover letter communicating why they are a good fit for the position to email@example.com
Competitive salary and benefits
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in English
Minimum Education Required