Carbon Lighthouse is looking for a well-organized and tech savvy Office Manager to join our People Operations team in San Francisco. This position is perfect if you thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy wearing a variety of hats, and excel at providing high-quality support to your teammates and guests. Your day-to-day tasks may vary widely but will always serve a common goal - to set your teammates up for success and ensure that the work environment is as productive as possible. This role will provide a strong baseline of experience from which to advance within the organization as we grow.
You’re likely to succeed in this position if you are an a master project manager, proactive problem solver, and enjoy working with kind, collaborative, and fun teammates to impact the entire organization. You will be comfortable managing a broad range of responsibilities including event planning, basic IT support, and general office management.
About Carbon Lighthouse:
Carbon Lighthouse is on a mission to stop climate change by making it easy and profitable for building owners to eliminate carbon emissions caused by wasted energy. The company’s unique approach to Efficiency Production goes deep into buildings to uncover and continuously correct hidden inefficiencies that add up to meaningful financial value and carbon elimination that lasts. Since 2010, commercial real estate, educational, hospitality and industrial customers nationwide have chosen Carbon Lighthouse to enhance building comfort, increase net operating income and achieve their sustainability goals.
We are a team that highly value question asking, getting it done, integrity, and teamwork. We appreciate a fulfilling work-life balance, prize transparency and communication, hold ourselves to high standards of performance and professionalism, strive for dynamism and innovation, and support our team members’ professional development.
- Maintain the overall functioning, cleanliness, and organization of the office
- Responsible for ordering office supplies, managing food ordering and deliveries, and general mail
- Lead the local Office Safety team
- Own responsibility for space planning, including seating rearrangements and project manage any future office moves
- Act as primary liaison with property manager and building security personnel
- Manage inventory of IT equipment, troubleshoot desktop-level IT issues, setup and maintain desk and conference room workstations
- Manage, maintain and troubleshoot A/V equipment and phone systems
- Act as primary liaison with remote and on-site third-party IT support vendors
- Act as the office ergonomics lead and train the team on best practices
- Plan and coordinate fun culture-building company events including retreats, holiday parties, picnics and more
- Provide support for recruiting through scheduling and coordination of interviews and onsite meetings
- Provide support for onboarding and training of new hires
- Exceptional ability to multi-task, manage time effectively, prioritize tasks
- Ability to remain flexible, embrace change, and manage uncertainty
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Technical aptitude: experience with managing office IT including set-up, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Growth mindset, ability to rapidly learn and master new skills
- Customer service mindset; willing to follow through and get the job done with enthusiasm
- Excellent communication skills, whether verbal, written or interpersonal
- Curiosity and desire to improve process and take initiative to find creative solutions to improve operations
- Demonstrate professionalism, exercise discretion, and handle confidential information with integrity
- Passion for environment, climate change, and mission-oriented work
- Experience with G Suite, Microsoft, Dropbox and/or SalesForce administration
- Event planning experience
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Excel and/or PowerPoint
- 2+ years of administrative, office management or executive support experience
- College degree or equivalent experience preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary + equity
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous vacation policy
- Fully paid maternity and paternity leave benefits
- Subsidized public transit and bike to work benefits
Carbon Lighthouse is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
If you’re excited about our environmental mission and this looks like a fit, you should apply! Please fill out the brief application form below and be prepared to submit three references at a later date.
Minimum Education Required