353 West Main Street
Arjuna Capital has an immediate opening for a full-time Operations Associate in our Durham, NC office.
We are a high-touch wealth management firm specializing in sustainable and impact investments that seek competitive returns while promoting a more vibrant economy, a healthier environment, and a more just society.
About the role:
When you join our team, you’ll support the operations essential for both day-to-day functioning and the growth of the firm. A methodical mindset and attention to detail will ensure that crucial and sensitive processes are completed accurately, while strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize will ensure that we achieve our big-picture goals. Working out of our Durham office, in the heart of a vibrant downtown, you will play a meaningful role in our growing company.
· Implement trades, reconcile, and track client portfolios
· Maintain portfolio management systems
· Update and troubleshoot our research databases (Excel)
· Coordinate with service providers
· Support client services and company projects
· Take on more challenging roles beyond the core Operations responsibilities
Your education, experience, and skills:
· College degree demonstrating strong quantitative capability, or relevant work experience
· Proficiency in Excel (lookups, conditionals, troubleshooting formulas)
· Synthesizing details into a bigger picture
· Prioritizing among simultaneous projects and handling multiple functions
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
This job might be for you if:
· You connect to our social and environmental mission; working for a purpose-driven organization is important to you
· You have a thirst for knowledge that spurs you to constantly learn, improve, and grow
· You have a positive can-do attitude and welcome new challenges
· You are flexible and adaptable to addressing new problems as they arise
· You love to solve problems and dig in deep to find the source of the issue
· You like paying careful attention and doing things right
· You have a proactive and detail-oriented mindset; you notice the little things and are excited to speak up and help us not only improve but optimize our processes
· You’re not afraid of math; in fact, you love working with numbers and data
· You enjoy a constantly-changing environment, in a small but growing firm that brings new challenges every day
· You’re a team player who loves collaborating with and assisting your colleagues
· You bring a positive and helpful approach to all your professional interactions
· You enjoy organizing things and can track projects for yourself in a way that also anticipates the needs of your team members
· You appreciate an open approach to communication where we all give and receive feedback easily to make our company a better place
· You want to have a sense of ownership in your work and shape our company’s future
· You bring an internal sense of excellence to everything you do
We offer competitive compensation and an attractive benefits package. Because we are looking to fill this position quickly, local candidates are strongly preferred.
About Arjuna Capital:
We are a boutique wealth management firm focused on sustainable and impact investing, using approaches such as shareholder activism and fossil-fuel divestment. We serve a national clientele out of offices in Durham, NC, Manchester, MA, and Taos, NM. Arjuna Capital is a leading innovator in sustainable wealth management with a focus on individuals, families, and the non-profit sector. Together, we invest in the kind of world we want to live in. To learn more, visit our website at arjuna-capital.com.
Arjuna Capital is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
When applying, please submit both a cover letter and resume.