1021 3rd Street
Galileo is looking for a detail-oriented coordinator to join our evolving Oakland Headquarters team, and to support the implementation of scalable and efficient technology systems. In this unique role, our Technology Coordinator will have the opportunity to interface with every single function on our growing, multi-city team.
The Technology team is responsible for the strategy, support, and implementation of all things tech at Galileo. They understand people, their needs, and how to set them up for success. This tight-knit team of two is adding on this key third team member as Galileo leverages more and more technology to scale sustainably and efficiently. The team is all about learning quickly and growing together!
We value divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at Galileo. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
We think the world needs innovators. We also think kids who learn to explore and fail without fear—the essence of innovation—are happier, more creative and more confident when faced with life’s challenges. And we think kids with these skills are more likely to change our world and be the masters of their own.
Founded in 2002, Galileo operates summer day camp programs at 70+ locations throughout the Bay Area, SoCal, and Chicago. Our mission is to develop innovators who envision and create a better world, and we reach this mission through employment of our unique pedagogy, the Galileo Innovation Approach.
We’ve been ranked one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the SF Business Times for nine years running, and over 97% of our summer staff say they would recommend working for us. Being a Galilean means joining an organization that is a model of innovative learning, with a company-wide commitment to camper inclusion and broadening our impact. Learn more about our financial assistance program and other community efforts.
- You are inspired by Galileo’s mission and purpose.
- You can manage a variety of projects simultaneously.
- You’re deeply accountable and determined to get the job done right—always.
- You love learning new technology and systems.
- You make it possible for others to do their jobs exceedingly well.
- You’re a critical thinker and a servant leader who’s continually looking for the best way to reach a goal, and nothing brings you more joy than setting others (and yourself) up for success.
Required Experience & Education
- College graduate, or equivalent combination of work experience and/or education
- 1 year of experience in an IT support role or similar experience
- Multi-stakeholder project management experience highly desired, with the ability to handle multiple assignments and deadlines
- High level of comfort with Microsoft and Google Suites, with the ability to learn new systems quickly
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide top-notch support to local and remote teams, from managing incoming requests through our help desk to troubleshooting and partnering with our IT support vendor as needed
- Welcome new staff into the fold by serving as the tech lead for employee onboarding, warmly and deftly managing technology onboarding of new HQ staff including everything from imaging computers and creating accounts, to updating records and resources for our entire organization.
- Regularly collaborate with the Director of Technology on refining existing and/or rolling out new initiatives, conducting initial research, creating detailed project plans and timelines, thoroughly tracking and communicating project updates to stakeholders, and coordinating vendor communication with ease, all leading to smooth tech operations for all.
- Employee medical and dental benefits provided by Galileo
- Generous parental leave and extensive support with leave planning.
- 401(k) provided after one year of employment
- 20 personal days per year.
- For team members with kids, we offer significant discounts on camp programs.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To learn more and apply, get started on our website at https://corporate-galileo.icims.com/jobs/8631/technology-coordinator/job?mode=job&iis=idealist.