26 O'Farrell Street
Vendor Compliance Manager – Brilliant Earth, San Francisco
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the leader in ethical origin fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Newsweek, Glamour, the Today Show, and Martha Stewart among many other media outlets. We are a team of dedicated individuals with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are collaborative, hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our open workspace in the heart of San Francisco encourages conversation and collaboration. From cross-departmental meetings to frequent happy hours, Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow. For more insight into our work environment and culture, and to hear from our employees, check out our profile on the Muse!
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
The Vendor Compliance Manager is responsible for managing the vendor compliance efforts as well as internal and external audit processes. The Vendor Compliance Manager is also responsible for communication and implementation of best practices and procedures throughout the organization, and leading key compliance process improvement projects.
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of making process improvements and maintaining compliance within a rapidly growing organization. The ideal candidate for this role also thrives in fast-paced startup environments and has demonstrated an ability to be effective with finite resources. We are looking for a candidate comfortable operating in a very hands-on fashion and be comfortable collaborating across the organization. We have a social and environmental mission at the core of our company and are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about helping us achieve our social goals, as well as our business goals.
- Oversee all vendor compliance programs to ensure adherence to responsible sourcing standards.
- Work directly with suppliers to evaluate and report on their compliance efforts.
- Assist in onboarding new suppliers and training existing suppliers.
- Drive supplier action to continually improve their management systems, processes, and procedures.
- Drive compliance related standards, policies, procedures, change management protocols, and best practices within Brilliant Earth supply chain. Identify areas for improvement.
- Conducted risk assessments and data integrity analyses across supply chain.
- Conduct and support in-house and external auditing processes.
- Update and maintain metrics related to compliance efforts. Ensure all reporting requirements and goals are being met.
- Strategically partner with leaders in Operations, Responsible Sourcing, and Finance on all compliance-related projects, and be compliance subject matter expert to internal teams.
- BS degree
- 2+ years’ experience in compliance or risk management
- Experience working with vendors and suppliers
- Excellent understanding of compliance principles, reporting, and audit processes
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Intermediate experience with ERP systems, NetSuite a plus
- Ability to work across an organization with exceptional communication skills
- Ability to quickly assimilate an understanding of business operations
- Experience developing and improving internal compliance standards
- Experience working with external auditors
- Retail or e-commerce experience/exposure preferred
- Ability to handle long-term projects and urgent tasks seamlessly
- Exceptional time management skills and accountability
- Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a flexible environment
- Team player with an ability to work collaboratively
- Entrepreneurial spirit / self-starter
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply here: https://brilliantearth.applytojob.com/apply/1q2YC0K9cx/Vendor-Compliance-Manager?source=Idealist