585 Massachusetts Ave, Suite 3
Dimagi: Dimagi is an award-winning, 130-person software company that develops leading mobile technology for low-resource settings. Dimagi is a recognized social enterprise and certified Benefit Corporation, reflecting our commitment to making a real impact. Our team is impact-minded, diverse, dedicated, and they love what they do. Do you have a strong desire to make an impact in the tech-for-good space? Then come join us on the next leg of our journey.
About our product: Dimagi’s product, CommCare, is a leading software platform that enables anyone to design and launch customized mobile applications for Android devices (think of it as a SquareSpace for mobile apps). Organizations worldwide are using mobile apps built with CommCare - be it to support community health programs in India, micro-finance cooperatives in Senegal, or research studies in the United States.
Who You Are: After the past few years of exponential growth, we are excited to improve the way we design new features for our product. We’re looking for a Product Analyst to help ensure these features are meeting the needs of our users.
As a Product Analyst you will work hand-in-hand with Product Management, Product Design leads, and Engineers to steer and guide the process of developing new and improved products from conception to launch. You will also have the opportunity to interface with our customers to get feedback on product enhancements, defects, and usability in order to inform and influence how we improve CommCare and grow our user base.
What You’ll Do:
- Learn the CommCare platform and become a product expert
- Communicate with customers and internal stakeholders regarding product feedback, feature requests and gathering customer requirements
- Write feature specification, communicate feature requests to Engineering teams and oversee the implementation
- Collaborate with Product Design leads to define new user interfaces and product flows
- Work with the Documentation and Communications teams to accurately communicate product updates to internal teams and customers
- Provide ad-hoc reporting to provide a detailed view of how features are performing
- Support Product Management and Engineering Management with software development processes like backlog grooming, release planning, retrospectives, etc.
Skills & Requirements
- 1+ years as a Business Analyst, Technical Analyst, or Associate Product Manager in a fast-paced software or technical environment
- BS/BA or MS degree in Computer Science, Business, or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience translating customer needs/feature requests into detailed technical specifications
- Creative problem solver with strong analytical abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build interpersonal relationships with many different types of people and personalities
- Proven time management and organization skills
- Must be able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Must have a strong desire to grow into a Product Management role
- Strong design sense
- Experience working on SaaS products
If interested, please apply directly through this link https://grnh.se/3ud4g8fi1 . The application deadline is June 15th, 2018, we will start reviewing all applications post the deadline.
As a mission driven social enterprise, the position comes with a starting salary that is more in-line with that of a non-profit organization and exact compensation will vary by level of experience. If income is the primary goal for you, Dimagi may not be a good fit. However, we do aim to offer the best benefits possible, including:
- 100% employer sponsored medical insurance
- Employees’ Retirement Fund
- A stock option plan
- Access to a flex time policy that allows for employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- 30 days paid time off/holiday
- 10 personal initiative days
- Opportunities to travel internationally
Minimum Education Required