TEACH IN ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL COUNTRIES ON EARTH!
Beyond English is a B Corporation located in Santiago, Chile. BE uses English as a vehicle for social change, teaching personalized, relevant and interactive classes to business professionals throughout the city as well as elementary-aged students in schools with limited resources. It's a demanding and intensive experience that includes a comprehensive professional development program with educational theory and practice, design thinking, crowd-funding, and project management. By the end of their term, teaching fellows design and implement their own community project with the communities at the schools they are working in.
BE is now seeking individuals who are educators at heart, who are motivated by the opportunity to teach English in different contexts, and who are passionate about the B Corp movement.
Are you ready to #Gobeyond the status quo? Apply today!
The salaried Fellowship opportunities last from 10 months to two years, with possible summer (December, January, February) opportunities available.
Typical Fellow responsibilities include:
- Teach up to 25 hours of dynamic English classes to business professionals and elementary-aged students
- Plan and implement engaging lessons with the support of a team and existing materials
- Design, develop and manage a Proyecto Comunitario
- BE part of our team and help the organization grow!
- Native English speaker
- Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited university
- TEFL Certification &/or at least 1 year of formal teaching experience
- Experience living in a foreign country
- Highly developed intercultural and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to maintain professionalism, efficiency and a positive attitude in an environment that demands flexibility and patience
- Motivated, enthusiastic team player with a growth mindset
- Paid holidays
- Paid leave (15 days accumulated over the course of a complete year)
- Health Insurance and Pension
Level of Language Proficiency
- Native English speaker
- Intermediate/Advanced Spanish is desirable
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Upload the following materials directly to the application portal on our website or send the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
-Letter of Recommendation
-2 Essays (in English):
- Why would you like to be a BE teaching fellow?
-What type of community project do you envision yourself leading? What skills do you have that will facilitate the success of the project?