2864 North Milwaukee Avenue
Greater Good Studio seeks a talented Community Manager to join our team!
At Greater Good Studio, we design programs and services to address some of society’s toughest challenges. From early literacy and child nutrition, to veterans housing and tenants’ rights, our projects tackle issues of health, education, poverty and injustice head-on. We believe that the best way to empower clients and communities is to put the design process in their hands, and the best way to create impact is to craft deeply respectful, empathic and user-centered tools and experiences.
The goal of this newly-created position is to build a greater sense of participation and shared ownership into our design work. We envision that one day, every person touched by our projects sees a direct link between their participation and a tangible, positive change in their world. This starts with building connections—between people and design, and across organizations and communities.
This role is a unique combination of engagement, communications and organizing. You will work to create community both within each Greater Good Studio project, as well as across projects. You will help our team develop a new hybrid discipline that creates impact in new and long-term ways. Within projects, community may include end users, clients and other project stakeholders; across projects, community may include past and future clients, past and future employees, as well as our broader network of collective relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Define each project’s community-building goals with clients and team members; work flexibly and proactively to meet those goals
- Embed within project teams and interview team members in order to document important project activities/events, milestones and outcomes, via writing, photos and/or video, for use in communications and impact tracking
- Build relationships and create ongoing dialogue with community members including project updates, information gathering and invitations to events
- Set up structures to maintain communications for many years following the close of each project, either by Greater Good Studio or the client team
- Envision new ways to build community and strengthen agency within design projects
- Support internal writing projects such as website case studies, social media, reports, proposals or other communications as needs arise
- Attend and build relationships at both project workshops and industry-related events
- Oversee studio events throughout the year, which may include workshops, educational offerings or social gatherings
- Oversee the production of our quarterly newsletter
- Envision new ways to build community and strengthen agency across design projects
- 5+ years experience in community engagement, community organizing, volunteer/donor management, content strategy or equivalent
- Ability to quickly build rapport and trust in one-on-one settings with a diverse range of people
- Ability to create compelling communications that encourage turnout, such as emails, event invitations and social media
- Experience with project management and/or event planning
- Experience with contact management systems a plus
- Understanding of human-centered design, photography and/or graphic design a plus
Greater Good Studio is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation, family responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, military status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We believe diversity is a strength and strategy for powerful and creative leadership.
This is a full-time, permanent, salaried position, and benefits include medical, dental, 401k, education budget, and a flexible work environment.
Greater Good Studio is a Results-Only Work Environment (“ROWE”). With ROWE, employees (while based in Chicago) enjoy a high amount of flexibility, working whenever and wherever they want as long their work is completed. Employees are expected to communicate the on-going status of deliverables, and to deliver on core project and work expectations.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply using the above link.
Note, you will be required to sign into Google to upload your resume/CV, cover letter, and portfolio. Sign up for a free Google account here: https://accounts.google.com/signup/v2/webcreateaccount?hl=en&flowName=GlifWebSignIn&flowEntry=SignUp