Based in Ruiru, Kenya, BURN Manufacturing designs, produces and distributes Kenya’s best-selling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood cookstoves that also dramatically reduce harmful smoke emissions which can cause significant health problems, even death.
Not only does BURN sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but we are also the only jiko company which manufactures all its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility.
Since 2013, BURN has sold 500,000+ Jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 3,000,000 beneficiaries save $151 million in fuel expenditures and 2.6 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~15,000 stoves per month and are on track to double sales over the next 12 months by expanding its successful model across Africa.
The New Market Expansion Fellow will apply their professional knowledge and expertise to support BURN’s expansion efforts at a strategic and execution level, working on market research, analysis, and market testing execution. We are looking for someone who is interested in working in a dynamic, challenging environment, for a company that recognizes and rewards creativity, initiative and contributions.
Main responsibilities will involve:
· Expansion Strategy: Maintaining new market scoping process and KPIs. Includes desk research and assessing route-to-market for new markets, and producing regular and detailed research reports based on this research and tracking.
· Market Research: manage process and systems for Expansion market research and test sales
· Collaboration: Be an organizer and go-between with BURN’s business intelligence, market research, sales, and senior management teams for tracking and reporting on Expansion project execution
· Reporting: produce analytical reports on the development of new market entry initiatives and performance of markets, including analyzing and reporting from Expansion sales and marketing activities and staff performance
· Expansion Admin: Advising on and drafting HR & finance structures. Assisting on HR, finance, & other admin
· Projects: Carrying out specific expansion projects falling outside the scope of existing Business Development staff
Skills and Experience
· Knowledge of sales and marketing fields
DURATION: 12 months
COMPENSATION: Fellows receives optional housing in BURN guest house and a monthly stipend of $1,200. BURN will provide one round trip flight at the beginning and end of the fellowship.
TO APPLY: Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org in the following filename format: <[First Name, Last Name], New Market Expansion Fellow [CV/Cover Letter], [Date]>.
For more information on BURN please visit www.burnstoves.com.
Based in Ruiru, Kenya, BURN Manufacturing designs, produces and distributes Kenya’s best-selling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood cookstoves that also dramatically reduce harmful smoke emissions which can cause…