1445 New York Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
Junior Accounting Associate
Do you have a nearly compulsive attention to detail, a knack for multi-tasking, and an ability to create organization in your wake? Do you genuinely enjoy helping people solve problems? If so, we would love to talk to you about joining NGP VAN.
NGP VAN is a leading provider of campaign software and technology services to Democrats and their allies, including the Obama campaign, more than 75 percent of Democrats in Congress, and over a thousand other campaigns and political organizations. We work hard to help our clients with innovative technology and strategy and to develop rewarding careers for our staff.
The Accounting Assistant is an integral part of the Accounting team. The right candidate will have a strong sense of responsibility, and close attention to detail. They will develop solid business relationships and manage many moving parts with ease. They will create a positive first impression when interacting with clients whether in person, via phone or through email.
- Collection research and calls to clients with an outstanding balance
- Client Outreach: maintain accounting inbox, including making updates to client accounts and managing incoming payments from clients
- Answer payment status & billing questions for clients via phone and email
- Billing follow up
- Ability to work independently and complete monthly projects
Required Knowledge and Abilities
- Demonstrated interest in Democratic campaigns and politics
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize and complete multiple types of administrative tasks; strong attention to detail and accuracy; persistent follow-through skills
- Must be able to take initiative and work independently with guidance, but limited supervision; willing to think out-of-the-box and contribute ideas to assist in process improveme
- Strong computer/Internet skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel; Salesforce.com and QuickBooks experience a plus.
NGP VAN is a technology company whose team members do exciting and meaningful work that has a significant impact on promoting civil rights, social justice, and environmental responsibility
Employees enjoy an unusually generous set of benefits, including 12 weeks paid parental leave, profit sharing, 100% premium-paid health/dental, and an ongoing education allowance.
NGP VAN is one of only a handful of companies to be recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in America by Inc. Magazine for 10 years. Last year we were named one of the Coolest Companies of 2016 by DC Inno. We've also been named one of the top 50 fastest growing companies in the DC area by the Washington Business Journal and SmartCEO. The Wall Street Journal wrote “NGP VAN is something of a secret weapon for the Democratic Party and the labor unions and progressive groups that use it.” We have also won the AAPC award for Best Use of New Technology, and the Campaigns & Elections Award for Most Innovative Product.
Join our team and work alongside about 200 smart, passionate, and innovative co-workers, many of whom are industry recognized as experts in their fields.
NGP VAN believes a diverse, inclusive staff makes us a stronger company and better partner for our clients. We’re committed to hiring people of all races, ethnicities, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientation or gender identities, marital status, religions, and disabilities. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are encouraged to apply
How To Apply
This full-time position is open immediately in our Washington, DC office. Please apply via our website.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required