Nursing postdoctoral scholar or investigator
Details: Postdoctoral scholar: Based on the National Research Service Award scale. Investigator developing an independent research career: $50,000-$66,000.
205 East 42nd Street
Transcendent Endeavors, a company that develops digital products to help people in the areas of healthcare, education, and communication, is recruiting a full-time postdoctoral scholar or investigator for a two-year position in New York, NY.
The position will be funded through a National Institutes of Health (NIH) grant to improve the diversity of the research workforce by recruiting and supporting postdoctorates and eligible investigators from groups that have been shown to be underrepresented in health-related research. Applications are welcome from those who will have completed a doctoral degree in nursing by January 31, 2019. Individuals from nationally underrepresented groups (as defined in the NIH Notice of Interest in Diversity, NOT-OD-18-129) and individuals meeting the Small Business Administration definition of socially and economically disadvantaged individuals (https://www.sba.gov/contracting/government-contracting-programs/8a-business-development-program/eligibility-requirements/social-disadvantage-eligibility) are eligible to apply. The National Institute of Nursing Research also considers male nurses as underrepresented, regardless of racial, ethnic, or socioeconomic background.
The successful candidate will work closely with the principal investigators and other members of the research team on a project that seeks to increase representative enrollment in health studies and interventions through customized outreach analyses and informed tailoring of recruitment and engagement strategies. The proposed web-based system will enable researchers to conduct typology stratification of participant groups based on demographic, psychographic, and other pertinent characteristics. This targeted approach will be tested in the context of facilitating enrollment in an eHealth study targeting men who have sex with men living with HIV. The responsibilities of this position will include research implementation, dissemination, and grant writing.
· Strong writing skills in English
· Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities
· Interest in business and entrepreneurship
· Previous research experience working with underrepresented populations
· Willingness to work on HIV-related research projects
· Background in psychometrics, informatics and/or communications
Equal Employment Opportunity
· Transcendent Endeavors is an equal employment/affirmative action employer and welcomes diverse applicants. Transcendent Endeavors does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital/or parental status, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veterans status, or any other classification protected by applicable Federal, State, or Municipal Law.
Additionally, $6,000-$10,000 will be available for supplies and travel.
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficiency in other languages, particularly Spanish or Mandarin, would be an asset.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org