23861 El Toro Road
Clearinghouse CDFI is a for-profit, community development financial institution with a mission to provide economic opportunities and improve the quality of life for lower-income individuals and communities through innovative and affordable financing that is unavailable in the conventional market. We are dedicated to building healthy communities, creating financial strength, providing innovative solutions, and funding dreams for tomorrow.
As a Certified B Corp, we meet the highest standards of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability, and aspire to use the power of business to solve social and environmental problems.
The Impact Writer and Analyst plays a key role in helping Clearinghouse CDFI remain true to its triple bottom line – people, profit, and planet. The Impact Writer and Analyst is responsible for leading the writing of grant proposals and applications and analyzing the social and environmental impact that Clearinghouse CDFI has in its service area. This position makes recommendations and helps to execute strategies to enhance the Company's approach to all social responsibility issues, including community impact and outcomes, accountability and transparency, workforce, and environmental efforts. This position also maintains Company’s impact databases and produces compliance, investor, and other impact reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write grant proposals and other applications. Work closely with executive team and consultants to determine and develop business strategy for various grants/applications, including CDFI Fund Financial Assistance Award, Capital Magnet Fund, NMTC Application, and other private grant opportunities.
- Track and analyze community outcomes resulting from Company’s lending efforts, and continuously improves tracking process and procedures.
- Prepare internal and external impact reports, including investor/partner surveys, quarterly and annual reports to management, and various compliance reports.
- Work closely with Impact Lead to fully implement and test nCino Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) for the Impact Department.
- Input project impact data of borrowers in Company’s loan servicing software (NLS) and/or nCino. Works to improve efficiency and effectiveness of software used.
- Co-Chairs the B Corp Committee of 8 staff members to evaluate and compare possible B Corp initiatives and provide recommendations to the executive management team. Oversees, alongside Impact Lead, the goals and metrics of B Corp Committee and B Corp Certification.
- Acts as external representative on corporate social responsibility (CSR) issues, including speaking engagements on panels. Benchmark competition and industry best practices.
- Craft CSR initiatives and develop strategy to successfully implement initiative. Maintain B Corp Initiatives, including B BOLD Internship Award Program and RIPPLE Initiative.
- Prepares and develops the Annual Benefit/Impact Report.
- Perform other duties as needed.
The above mentioned essential duties and responsibilities have been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) required
- Prefer 3-4 years of experience in corporate social responsibility, philanthropy, grant/application writing, or related field
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Passion for corporate social responsibility, helping others, and continuous improvement
- Strong inter and intrapersonal skills with high emotional IQ
- Strong analytical, research and writing skills
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to lead and be a team player
- Self-motivated with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to be flexible and to work under pressure
- Ability to be creative and think “outside the box”
Please send cover letter, resume, and a relevant writing sample to email@example.com.
Minimum Education Required