At WhereIsMyTransport, we’re building the definitive digital solution for sustainable urban mobility in emerging markets; improving the passenger experience for the hundreds of millions of riders who use informal and formal public transport every day, and who don’t have access to the information they need because it simply doesn’t exist. We collect and digitalise mobility data, and through our integrated mobility data platform, we help NGOs, DFIs, and the largest cities in these markets to make better investments and better decisions, so that everyone everywhere can get where they want to go.
About the role
We are looking for a Latin America Business Development Manager to join our growing team; and to lead business development in emerging markets across Latin America. This position is based in Latin America.
During your first three months you will develop a market strategy, validate market interest in our products and services, establish 2-3 key partnerships, and develop an initial strong pipeline of opportunities. In general you will:
- Build a strong pipeline of opportunities with public sector organisations in Latin America, both countries and cities, and qualify new leads and opportunities.
- Close deals with our target clients ensuring our data platform enables intelligent transport systems and high-quality integrated mobility in our markets.
- Own and manage ongoing client relationships and recurring revenue streams, year on year.
- Work with our marketing team to raise our profile in target markets, building partnerships with key development/institutional partners that will contribute to the reach, reputation, and revenue of the business.
- Translate client business problems into high quality solutions, using our product and service proposition, and work with our product and data teams to ensure that projects are managed and executed perfectly.
- Build networks and provide market insight and recommendations to support decision making and business strategy.
- Be a brand ambassador for the company, representing us at events, participating in conferences, and underpinning our leadership position in the market.
- Mentor other team members in business development, and be a positive influence for everyone in the business.
- You understand how mobility works in Latin American cities -- the issues that individual travelers experience, and the challenges of interested governments, operators, communities, and development agencies.
- You have a track record of building successful long-term B2G / public sector relationships.
- You are a strategic thinker – driven by results. You are resourceful; you make things happen; you take initiative and get things done.
- You bring contacts, networks, and credibility among partners working in the region; you are probably a known entity with a strong reputation.
- You bring insights into the politics and culture of the region and its cities.
- You are highly proficient in Spanish, Portuguese and English.
- You have commercial and political savvy, and confidence to adeptly navigate corporate and political relationships.
- You know your way around Salesforce and the day-to-day tools and technologies of business development.
- You have a Masters degree, preferably in mobility / urbanism / transport / sustainability / ICT / international relations / economic development or related field.
- You are professionally mature (nothing to do with your age), with high levels of professional and emotional intelligence.
- You are smart, energetic, organised and hard working.
- You enjoy travelling frequently in Latin America and farther afield.
- You are an excellent communicator - you know how to listen, and how to get the best from the people around you in order to get things done. Comfortable speaking in public.
- You are adaptable, resilient and resourceful and love a deadline.
- You work quickly and accurately with excellent focus, and tend to obsess over the details.
- You have a strong sense of ownership and accountability. Know when to ask for help, but enjoy working independently towards agreed objectives.
- You are ambitious - You know where you're going, and what you want, and aren't afraid to ask for help getting there.
- You are curious - you like to know how things work, and are particularly interested in mobility / urbanism / transport / sustainability / ICT / economic development.
- You care about making a difference.
Level of Language Proficiency
You need to be highly proficient in Spanish, Portuguese and English.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you. To help us to get to know you better, please include an additional document with your application where you answer the following questions, with each answer being a maximum length of 250 words:
1. Tell us how you think integrated mobility data can support better public transport in Latin America.
2. What is the greatest obstacle that you have overcome in business development? Please give detail as to how you succeeded and what you learned from this experience.
3. Tell us about the accomplishment you feel most proud of in your career and what your role was in making it happen.
Please email the above along with your CV, portfolio, and an exceptional cover letter, to our company website via https://whereismytransport.mytribehr.com/careers/view/56.
Come prepared to talk about your experience in related roles, and to tell your favourite stories of the work you have done and the impact you are proud to have made. We really want to know what gets you excited - the sort of work you'd like to be doing now, and in future.
We are big fans of intellectual agility and curiosity, and - across the team - we insist on the highest quality of thinking and attention to detail. Come prepared to show us how you measure up.
Please note: If you have not received any feedback within two weeks of the closing date, you have unfortunately not been successful in your application.