100 Fillmore Street
Accounting Manager, Denver – Brilliant Earth
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the leader in ethical origin fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Newsweek, Glamour, the Today Show, and Martha Stewart among many other media outlets. We are a team of dedicated individuals with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are collaborative, hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our open workspace in the heart of Cherry Creek encourages conversation and collaboration. From cross-departmental meetings to frequent happy hours, Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow. For more insight into our work environment and culture, and to hear from our employees, check out our profile on the Muse!
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
Brilliant Earth is hiring a hands-on Accounting Manager. The Accounting Manager is responsible for managing the AP/AR departments. Additionally, this position is responsible for developing and maintaining strong AP/AR practices and procedures, and internal controls in conformity to US GAAP.
You will also be responsible for communication and implementation of these practices and procedures throughout the organization, and leading key AP/AR process improvement projects. The Accounting Manager will also support the preparation of monthly and year end close and Financial Statement production, as well as tax and regulatory filings.
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of making process improvements in the within a rapidly growing finance and accounting team. The ideal candidate for this role also thrives in fast-paced startup environments and has demonstrated an ability to be effective with finite resources. We are looking for a candidate comfortable operating in a very hands-on fashion, and be comfortable getting into the details of individual accounting and billing transactions. We have a social and environmental mission at the core of our company and are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about helping us achieve our social goals, as well as our business goals. This position requires on site attendance in our Denver office location. We are not accepting remote applicants at this time.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee day to day AP/AR operations
- Develop and implement internal controls and processes across AP/AR and other accounting functions to drive best practices, improve efficiencies and ensure US GAAP compliance
- Manage and develop AP/AR team
- Support month-end closing process
- Support local, state, and federal government reporting and tax filings
- Support and be an active member of project teams
- Act as a liaison between the Finance team and Sales, Operations and Marketing regarding accounting processes and procedures
- Respond to inquiries from the VP of Finance & Technology, Controller, Senior Leadership and company managers
- Support the preparation of financial statements and financial audits
- Support payroll preparation
- BS degree in Accounting preferred (CPA a plus)
- 4+ years’ experience in accounting, including at least 2 years in a managerial capacity
- Excellent understanding of accounting principles and experience in applying principles in practice
- Experience in closing a general ledger and/or audit, account reconciliation, JE preparation and support
- Experience in driving accounting process improvements
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Intermediate experience with ERP systems, NetSuite a plus
- Ability to work across an organization with very good communication skills
- Ability to quickly assimilate an understanding of business operations
- Experience developing and improving internal controls
- Experience with a range of tax and regulatory filings
- Experience working with external auditors
- Experience with payroll preparation
- Retail or e-commerce experience/exposure preferred
- Ability to handle long-term projects and urgent tasks seamlessly
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional time management skills and accountability
- Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a flexible environment
- Team player with an ability to work collaboratively
- Entrepreneurial spirit / self-starter
- Strong computer skills
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply here: https://brilliantearth.applytojob.com/apply/XalVkhsEZU/Accounting-Manager-Denver?source=Idealist