2864 North Milwaukee Avenue
Greater Good Studio seeks a talented Design Research Lead to join our team!
At Greater Good Studio, we design programs and services to address some of society’s toughest challenges. From early literacy and child nutrition, to veterans housing and tenants’ rights, our projects tackle issues of health, education, poverty and injustice head-on. We believe that the best way to empower clients and communities is to put the design process in their hands, and the best way to create impact is to craft deeply respectful, empathic and user-centered tools and experiences.
Greater Good Studio is seeking a talented Design Research Lead to join our team! We are looking for someone who is innovative, organized, and able to think strategically yet also be detail-oriented. You are a strong collaborator, project manager, and have demonstrated experience making observations and connections about people in diverse contexts. We’ll be especially excited if you are optimistic, persistent, humble, curious, and feedback-oriented.
Duties and Responsibilities
Design Research and Synthesis
- Frame, plan, recruit, conduct, synthesize and present primary user research
- Create new research methods, synthesis tools and communication frameworks
- Articulate design opportunities through text, frameworks, sketches and prototypes
- Advocate from users’ perspectives throughout design and implementation phases
Leadership and Project Management
- Help frame and plan new projects with potential clients
- Maintain stakeholder and participant relationships both proactively and responsively
- Lead calls, meetings and workshops, with clients and project teams
- Direct and guide design and research teams
Teaching and Coaching
- Plan and facilitate workshops with clients and communities
- Coach teams of non-designers through the human-centered design process
- Be an ambassador to our company by attending and speaking at design/social impact conferences, writing blog posts and articulating points of view about social issues
- Minimum 5 years of design research and/or human-centered design experience with demonstrated ability to plan research, conduct interviews and observations, analyze secondary research, synthesize insights and communicate compelling findings to multiple stakeholders
- Minimum 2 years of project management experience
- At least one year of professional or educational experience in a design field such as graphic, industrial, UX design, or architecture
- Experience working or volunteering within under-resourced communities
- Willing to travel for research and client workshops
Greater Good Studio is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation, family responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, military status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We believe diversity is a strength and strategy for powerful and creative leadership.
This is a full-time, permanent, salaried position, and benefits include medical, dental, 401k, education budget, and a flexible work environment.
Greater Good Studio is a Results-Only Work Environment (“ROWE”). With ROWE, employees (while based in Chicago) enjoy a high amount of flexibility, working whenever and wherever they want as long their work is completed. Employees are expected to communicate the on-going status of deliverables, and to deliver on core project and work expectations.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply using the above link.
Note, you will be required to sign into Google to upload your resume/CV, cover letter, and portfolio. Sign up for a free Google account here: https://accounts.google.com/signup/v2/webcreateaccount?hl=en&flowName=GlifWebSignIn&flowEntry=SignUp