1445 New York Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
NGP VAN / EveryAction is hiring a Director of Data Services to lead an expanding team of data practitioners in a fast-paced environment. If you have experience with organizing & fundraising data, non-profit workflows, and spend time thinking about how to maximize resources – this job might be for you.
The Director of Data Services wears many hats – including logistics manager, overseer of team operations, resource analyst, process creator, and copy editor. You will lead a team of data practitioners through large scale database migrations and data development projects while providing strategic guidance to Executive level team members.
You should be someone who:
- Advocates for good data management
- Enjoys collaborating with others on an array of subject matter, both technical and non-technical in nature
- Understands the value of documentation, both technical and process
- Has an eye for process and effective resource allocation
- Is a strong communicator, both verbally and written
- Takes a data-driven approach to problem solving
- An intimate understanding of relational databases and data management best practices
- Is self-motivated to “do good” and identifies with the company mission
Your skills and experience might include:
- Extensive knowledge of how political campaigns (across verticals like organizing, fundraising, analytics, and digital) and non-profit organizations use and interact with data
- Experience managing a team
- Experience with budgets, sales pricing structures, and/or market-driven organizations
How to apply:
This job can be in either our Boston or Washington, DC office. Please apply via the form found on our careers page.
About NGP VAN:
NGP VAN is a technology company whose team members do exciting and meaningful work that has a significant impact on promoting civil rights, social justice, and environmental responsibility.
Employees enjoy an unusually generous set of benefits, including 12 weeks paid parental leave, profit sharing, 100% premium-paid health/dental, and an ongoing education allowance.NGP VAN is one of only a handful of companies to be recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in America by Inc. Magazine for 10 years. Inc. Magazine also recognized us as one of the 50 Best Places to Work in 2016.
We were named one of the Coolest Companies of 2016 by DC Inno. We've also been named one of the top 50 fastest growing companies in the DC area by the Washington Business Journal and SmartCEO. The Wall Street Journal wrote “NGP VAN is something of a secret weapon for the Democratic Party and the labor unions and progressive groups that use it.” We have also won the AAPC award for Best Use of New Technology, and the Campaigns & Elections Award for Most Innovative Product.
Join our team and work alongside about 200 smart, passionate, and innovative co-workers, many of whom are industry recognized as experts in their fields.
NGP VAN believes a diverse, inclusive staff makes us a stronger company and better partner for our clients. We’re committed to hiring people of all races, ethnicities, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientation or gender identities, marital status, religions, and disabilities.Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required