Our team is looking for an M&E Reporting Officer with at least two years experience to support our growing project portfolio in migration strategic communications. Superior English writing skills are required in addition to strong technical M&E and analysis skills. You can be based anywhere in the world and travel to project sites is not required. This is a full-time, 5-month consultancy role.
We are a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We specialise in justice, migration and social inclusion. Our expertise is in strategic communications, counselling, consulting, monitoring and evaluation, and research. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel and Europe. For more information about us, please visit https://seefar.org/about-us
This role demands someone who is smart, intrinsically motivated, worldly and interested in hard challenges. Seefar has a track record for delivering projects in East Africa, West Africa, North Africa, Europe, the Middle East and Asia to benefit vulnerable people.
To get a sense of the M&E projects we deliver, please visit here https://seefar.org/services/monitoring-and-evaluation/.
To get a sense of the other services we specialise in at Seefar, please visit http://seefar.org/services
To get a sense of the issues we work on at Seefar, please visit https://seefar.org/themes/
We are looking for motivated professionals with experience in the following areas:
- Monitoring field projects in fragile environments
- Liaising with diverse, international permanent staff and field teams
- Tracking and reporting on project outputs
- Using software to manage data (especially Tableau)
- Producing regular, high-quality English language outputs for clients
- Collecting case studies, lessons learned, best practices across projects for evidence gathering and informing relevant projects/programmes
- Assist in the development of project M&E frameworks and tools;
Necessary: Experience in project monitoring and report writing. Excellent english writing skills.
Highly Desirable: Previous experience working in migration or related area; qualitative and quantitative data management skills; experience working with field teams across Sub-Saharan Africa/ Central Asia/ South-East Asia
The following are the primary responsibilities of the role, with estimated allocations of time and attention.
Deliver: Project and Mission Implementation
Approximately 90% of your time and attention:
- Aggregating all monthly qualitative and numeric data from Seefar’s Migration Program in monthly and fortnightly reporting;
- Tracking project's output and outcome level results on a periodic basis in close coordination with project implementation team and relevant research team members.
- Identifying project implementation issues to help project teams improve delivery.
- Analysing project evaluation data.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment.
- Other M&E and administrative tasks as required
Develop: Capabilities and Program Portfolio
Approximately 10% of your time and attention:
- Assist the Senior M&E Officer in the development of evaluation methodology and reports
Working with Seefar
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as positive features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- The Enterprise combines entrepreneurialism with a focus on social impact.
- You work with highly diverse people and across a diversity of contexts.
- There is a high level of trust that supports you to work autonomously.
- The people in the Enterprise encourage innovation and experimentation.
- Achieving results is prioritised over rigid structures and workflows.
- You are never bored and always challenged.
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as negative features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed teams requires flexibility and patience.
- Working remotely can make you feel isolated and so requires you to invest time in communication.
- Travel schedules can sometimes be heavy.
- A high-growth phase means problem-solving as the Enterprise’s systems evolve quickly.
An Excellent Candidate
To excel in this role, you will start with an undergraduate degree as a minimum and have at least two years experience working on monitoring and evaluation, preferably with familiarity on the themes Seefar specialises in. You have demonstrated strong analytical skills. You have solid experience using Google Sheets and/or MS Excel effectively. Your English writing skills are excellent and you have the ability to synthesize metrics into clear and concise reports. You know how to take requirements from a donor or stakeholder and turn them into monitoring reports that meet expectations. You are highly organised, have the ability to prioritise and are highly productive. You can work well with little direction, but know when to ask for support. You enjoy team work and have the ability to work with a multi-cultural team. You will be motivated by an Enterprise performance framework focused on social impact.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
On or before August 24 2018, complete our online application form. Before you start, you should do the following:
- Confirm you meet these minimum requirements:
- At least two years of direct experience in monitoring and evaluation
- An undergraduate university degree as a minimum
- Excellent English writing skills
- Experience analysing qualitative and numeric data
- Preferably have thematic experience in one or more of the themes Seefar focuses on
- Prepare a CV in Word or PDF format.
- In Word or PDF format, prepare an introductory letter that explains your suitability for the role.
- In Word or PDF format, provide an example of your own writing unedited by others.