1455 Pennsylvania Ave, Ste 250
District of Columbia
CER seeks a Business Manager to join its team. The position will support the COO with all finance and administration of the organization, including office operations, human resources and special projects. The Business Manager will provide financial and operational oversight and help coordinate activities across the organization. The Operations Manager will exemplify leadership and have an intense appreciation of accountability and bottom line results.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the management of:
- Office operations and management
- Financial reporting and expense processing
- Payroll and employee benefits
- Annual audit
- Board relations and support as directed
- Contractors and Subcontractors review
- Inventory and supplies
- Recruitment of new hires
- Special projects
DESIRED CHARACTER STRENGTHS
- Ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of professional experience
- Highly organized with an ability to interact with all levels in an organization
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Exceptionally strong communication skills (spoken, written)
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Comfortable leading projects and using project management tools
- Creative and forward thinking
- Commitment to accuracy and excellence
- Proactive, production oriented and ability to multi-task
- Deadline oriented
- Results driven self-starter, professional and genuine communicator, flexible and adaptive but persistent achiever
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years of experience, preferably in the public policy space
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively with staff, other organizations, and the public
- Knowledge and commitment to all aspects of education reform, including a passion for school options ranging from charter schools to scholarship and private school choice programs is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to analyze and synthesize information
- Excellent project management skills, attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple eresponsibilities
- Strong technology skills with experience with MS Office, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint as well as other project management and productivity focused tools, including Asana and Slack
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must be able to deal with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines, and diverse array of contacts.
- May work at a desk and computer for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work primarily in a traditional climate-controlled office environment.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Organization pays 70% of health care, offers voluntary pre-tax retirement savings plan, great ambience, lots of perks.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 references telling us why you think you're the ideal candidate for this position. Can you commit to doing it what it takes to get trained, oriented and be able to perform exceptionally? Share your background and evidence of prior success!