Details: Salary commensurate with experience, and up to $50,000. This is an hourly, non-exempt position. Work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
District of Columbia
Our client, a private, independent school in NW D.C., is seeking a Business Office Associate (Accounting Clerk) with 2 or more years of accounting experience to join the Business Office team.
They are looking to add an individual to the team that has a “can do” attitude, has great communication skills, and a strong attention to detail.
The Business Office Associate (Accounting Clerk) supports the Business Office in the transactional processing for the school. Key responsibilities include:
- Weekly Accounts Payable processing for approximately 40 invoices a week, including coding of invoices and reviewing them for accuracy.
- Posting Accounts Receivable for student billings, including tuition, field trips, and other activities. The school utilizes Smart Tuition for student billing.
- Credit card administration for school-issued credit cards.
- Preparing deposits for payments received daily, ensuring proper coding of deposits, and preparing Cash Receipts entry in accounting system.
- Background check screening for potential employees & tutors.
- Coordinate Spiritwear merchandise sales at school events.
- Provide administrative support for the department.
- Entering bank and journal entries as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years experience in accounting preferred, ideally focused on accounts payable or accounts receivable
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting principles
- Hands on experience with spreadsheets
- Strong attention to detail, with great communication skills
- Discretion in handling sensitive information
- Associates degree preferred and/or relevant accounting classes a plus
Excellent benefits, including generous leave aligned with the school calendar, medical/dental insurance, sick time, retirement plan, professional development support, and many other benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you are interested, please submit your resume and a cover letter specifically related to this job to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressing why you are interested, qualified, and why you should be hired.