The role of the Administrative Assistant to Expeditors is to coordinate and assist expeditors with the flow of high volume applications, to Department of Buildings (DOB)
· Generate (DOB) forms and receive/review filing packages and submission forms
· Participate in weekly technical coordination meetings with project staff.
· Proof read and Examine documents, materials, and track progress of applications
· Monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards
· Prepare and obtain all documents required for Department of Buildings Final Sign off
· Effectively communicate relevant project information to team members and Architect
· Confer with Project Managers or other personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
· Maintain files, such as maintenance of applicant records, updated Certificate of Occupancy, Plot Cards, and department of building permits.
· Perform other duties, responsibilities and activities directed by OCV management as assigned.
· Identify, determine, and apply best practices in job documentation.
· Communicate effectively to OCV staff, contractors and clients
· Work autonomously; deliver the required materials and findings accurately in a timely manner.
· Use critical thinking and problem solving to recognize issues as well as identifying quality control
· Must be comfortable maintaining a stationary position while in the performance of your duties. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery such as telephone, copy machine, and printer
· May require moving/lifting of items weighing up to 5 pounds.
· Requires Associate’s degree
· Minimum 3 years of administrative experience
· Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel a must
· Must be an organized self-starter and team player with a positive, friendly manner, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work well under pressure, juggle and prioritize multiple projects and adjust work accordingly, often against tight deadlines
· Punctuality and dependability are essential
· Architectural or construction office experience a plus
· Knowledge of the New York City Building Information System (BIS), Department is a plus
· Knowledge of E-filing and related Department of Buildings (DOB) forms for initial filing, Post approval amendments (PAAs), Sign Offs is a plus
Bring your passion, expertise, and experience to OCV Architects, where we appreciate and are committed to our employees. We offer outstanding benefits including health, dental and vision insurance, 401k and profit sharing plans, growth opportunities and work hard to maintain a culture that values our employees. This is a full-time position and salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more about our firm, visit www.ocvarch.com
Minimum Education Required