442 U.S. Highway 2
ABOUT THIS POSITION
This position is based in Franklin county and The Islands and we hope to add someone to our team that lives in this region. Community Organizers are responsible for our community outreach and education program work. The Organizers create community campaigns using a number of marketing and organizing tools and coordinating efforts that bring in Marketing team specialists (digital and media), sales staff, and canvass leads.
The Organizer begins by working with community leaders to identify and to engage their communities around solar and understand how to reach community members whether through event work, canvassing, working with existing customers, digital ad work, online forums, social media, and the list goes on. The Organizer builds a network of local solar fans, excited about significantly increasing solar in their community and excited to work with us to make it happen, in addition to building a repertoire of tools to engage potential solar customers. Moving forward, the Organizer works with this growing network of solar evangelists to launch our local outreach efforts.
The local organizing event work involves anything and everything—from hosting a community solar workshop, creating a July 4 parade float, curating a solar-inspired art gallery, tabling at the local farmers’ market, bringing our solar powered bouncy house to a community event, or creating a community challenge in conjunction with the Select Board.
Another part of the Organizer’s role is work with our customers. After each new homeowner goes solar, a Solar Orientation is scheduled with the local Organizer to walk-through the homeowner’s new solar system, to help them understand how to read their new electric bill and answer other questions, and to introduce them to SunCommon’s organizing program and find ways for them to be involved and recommend solar to their friends, family, neighbors, and coworkers.
In addition the Organizer works with local media to keep solar and SunCommon in the news, and contributes to our social media presence.
All in all, SunCommon’s team of organizers is responsible for generating the homeowner interest that keeps the rest of the SunCommon team busy assessing homes, designing systems, and selling solar.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude is absolutely key
- Effective time management and work prioritization since much of the work is done independently, in the field
- Ability to create campaign plans and act as program manager for those plans that involve support and buy-in from other teammates
- Speaking with poise and presence in front of audiences
- Ability to create and manage regionally specific online initiatives including social campaigns, online advertising, online/offline strategies
- Making first contact with community leaders to introduce SunCommon
- Recruiting community members to educational events
- Motivating interested homeowners to sign up and get started
- Working with interested homeowners to set up their home visits
- Building relationships with our solar homeowners
- Event organizing
- Must be a team player
- Ability to think innovatively to help progress and improve our program model over time
- Ability to work in our open office environment, comfortable with the proximity of colleagues engaged in similar volumes of work
- The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Experience leading a project, program, or campaign
- Skill with public speaking and media relations
- Digital savvy including social media, online forums, event tools, community calendars, and digital advertising
- Commitment to the advancement of clean energy
- A flexible schedule
- A willingness to meet with solar homeowners and community leaders and to do event work outside the typical 9-5 workday
- Infectious passion for our shared vision of a clean energy future
A personal network in the geography the position serves is beneficial
PAY & BENEFITS
SunCommon provides our employees a competitive salary and full time employees a strong package of benefits, including:
- For the employee and their family, fully paid medical premiums as well as a significant contribution toward medical deductible expenses,
- For the employee and their family, fully paid dental premiums,
- 3 weeks paid personal leave (combined vacation and sick) for year 1; 4 weeks for year 2,
- 10 paid holidays annually,
- 401k company match 1:1 up to 3% of salary that the employee sets aside then 1:2 match for 4 or 5%.
- Student loan pay down program
- Short and long term disability
- 25K Life insurance with buy-up option
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit application through link provided.