1021 3rd Street
OVERVIEW/JOB DESCRIPTION/GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Galileo is looking for a performance-driven, people-focused Head of Talent Acquisition Channels to join our People Operations leadership team, and to be our in-house, strategic talent acquisition, sourcing and recruitment visionary and executor.
We value divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at Galileo. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
We think the world needs innovators. We also think kids who learn to explore and fail without fear—the essence of innovation—are happier, more creative and more confident when faced with life’s challenges. And we think kids with these skills are more likely to change our world and be the masters of their own.
Founded in 2002, Galileo operates summer day camp programs for kids at 70+ locations throughout the Bay Area, SoCal, and Chicago. Our mission is to develop innovators who envision and create a better world, and we reach this mission through employment of our unique pedagogy, the Galileo Innovation Approach.
The People Operations team is not your average Human Resources department. You’ll be on a team that approaches everything — from the way we attract and select candidates to the quality of service and the benefits offered to our employees — in a way that reflects the pride we take in hiring and retaining exceptional staff teams.
We’ve been ranked one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the SF Business Times for nine years running, and over 97% of our summer staff say they would recommend working for us. Being a Galilean means joining an organization that is a model of innovative learning, with a company-wide commitment to camper inclusion and broadening our impact. Learn more about our financial assistance program and other community efforts.
- You are inspired by Galileo’s mission and purpose.
- You’re a performance-driven, deeply accountable, data-hungry strategist.
- You have experience in talent acquisition and are hungry for the latest, newest, best ideas in building bustling pipelines of great candidates, finding great people, and (even in your free time) think about and pursue new information about talent tools, resources and strategy.
- You treat all who rely on your work as clients, and have a desire to support and maximize the potential of your team and colleagues, both personally and professionally.
- You’re an adept time manager.
- You have a keen sense of what needs your focus, and when to switch gears from detail management to supportive mentorship.
- You like to refine and improve existing systems, but are also a creative problem-solver who isn’t afraid to try new solutions to age-old challenges.
Required Experience & Education
- 5+ years in a talent acquisition role, especially experience with multiple sourcing techniques to identify qualified and diverse candidates.
- 3+ years of people-oriented management experience and leadership
- Sourcing experience with educators, college students and/or seasonal roles a plus
- Experience and a love for using data to drive strategies and plans
- Experience managing vendors and recruiting campaigns, including cost negotiation
- Demonstrated experience building and scaling systems, with a lens towards creative problem solving
- A desire to work for a mission-driven organization
- The ability to collaborate closely with others and operate as both a manager and individual contributor
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Create and execute the plan to find great people (in large numbers) to join the Galileo team.
- Optimize online recruitment strategies, manage vendor and agency partnerships, and help build out our campus recruiting and strategic partnerships strategies.
- Help fill over 2,000 summer staff, 30 Camp Directors and 50 HQ positions across the Bay, Chicago and Southern California annually, in collaboration with our territory directors.
- Use data to measure progress toward goals and to adjust course as needed.
- Regularly communicate metrics headlines and hiring progress to hiring team members and the greater company.
- Lead and manage a team of 3-5, leveraging high expectations and thoughtful support to push your team to greatness.
- Help refine and expand the vision for how the team will maximize opportunities and execute with excellence in the midst of growth and scale for the next few years.
- Employee medical and dental benefits provided by Galileo
- Generous parental leave and extensive support with leave planning.
- 401(k) provided after one year of employment
- 20 personal days per year.
- For team members with kids, we offer significant discounts on camp programs.
Minimum Education Required