As a Senior Project Manager, you’ll jump right in, interacting with clients, collaborating with diverse teams of UXers, Designers, Strategists, and Developers, leading creative projects from start to finish. You’ll help turn progressive ideas into actionable tactics, timelines, budgets, and deliverables.
Day-to-day you will:
- Scope, define, estimate, and manage budgets and timelines for digital projects
- Work with digital teams to define product specifications and functional requirements
- Manage client relationships and coordinate internal creative and delivery teams
- Manage operational aspects of projects, including communication of client needs to team and vice versa
- Lead project status meetings and updates with internal teams and clients
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and understand project priorities in the context of agency and client expectations
- Minimize exposure to risk on a project by identifying potential scope creep and working with internal teams and client to mitigate this risk
- Manage and participate in testing and quality control for all deliverables
- Lead post project assessments and make recommendations for future projects or project optimization
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and archived appropriately
You’ll be a part of our global Project Management team focused on New York projects. You will also work with a cross-disciplinary team of Account Leads, Designers, Developers, Strategists, and other creative folks to get the job done.
The top things we're looking for
- 5+ of professional experience as a project manager with experience in digital
- Experience managing complex technology projects
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with tech folks, business stakeholders, clients, etc.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced (sometimes chaotic) environment while maintaining a sense of perspective.
- Ability to adapt to new situations, solve problems on the fly, and communicate with those around you. Teamwork and scrappiness required.
- A shared passion and curiosity for making change. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo, and a commitment to quality that ensures we’re always making progress.
- Empathy, communication, respect, and the ability to act as a role model at BSD
Blue State Digital is a purpose-driven creative and tech agency. We transform how brands and causes engage their most important people. From Google to UNICEF, from Obama to MIT, from Tate Modern to Ford Motor Company, Blue State Digital helps grow communities, build platforms, and transform organizations for the digital age. Led by the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State Digital is a part of WPP Digital and has more than 200 employees in six offices around the world.
Minimum Education Required