Part Time Contract
Democratic Republic of the Congo
BURN Manufacturing works to save lives and forests in the developing world by designing and manufacturing clean burning cookstoves. BURN has developed a modern manufacturing facility in Ruiru, Kenya that is currently producing more than 1000 stoves each day. In 2018, BURN started operating in the DRC, and is currently seeking a consultant to assist in logistics for stove shipments from Kenya to all parts of DRC.
· Be responsible for supply chain from Kenya to DRC including organizing export with appropriate shippers from Kenya and with local import agents in DRC
· Identify the best options for importing duty-free or low duty from Kenya to DRC
· Identify the cheapest and most efficient shipping options for a matrix of DRC destinations and shipment sizes
· Identify the most flexible and competent clearing agencies in each DRC destination
· Be responsible for in-country shipments within DRC, and identify the best shipping options for each location
· Assist the Business Development Manager in DRC with logistics advice and shipment organizing/tracking.
· Assist the Business Development Manager in DRC with supplier identification and negotiation.
Desired Qualifications & Experience:
· Degree/diploma in relevant field
· 5+ years previous experience of dealing with import/export, with experience in DRC strongly preferred
· Experience in the consumer goods industry
· Excellent Microsoft Office skills
· Ideally proficient in French and English
· Detail oriented
Compensation commensurate with experience.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to recruitment.Kenya@burnmfg.com
Level of Language Proficiency
French and English
Minimum Education Required