Who We Are:
Life-Changing Community Outreach is a Non-for-profit organization dedicated to serving the westside of Chicago and the surrounding communities. We strive in making the communities more responsive to the needs and interests of low-income families and at-risk youth by mobilizing programs and resources. We aim to build programs to influence and challenge today’s youth to regain confidence and self-esteem by bridging the gap to enrich and change their lives and our communities.
Reports To: Program Director
Employment Status: Part-Time, year-round
What We Need:
LCCO is currently seeking an exceptional and dynamic leader for the position of Program Coordinator. General responsibilities include daily operations of all youth programs, including, but not limited to strong leadership, overseeing personnel/program staff (i.e., Coaching), consistent monitoring of youth programs, daily student attendance tracking, and general program operations. LCCO is looking for someone with charisma to effectively promote the LCCO brand and culture to the program staff and students.
Why It Matters:
The Program Coordinator should embody LCCO’s core values: Integrity, Honesty, Trust, Accountability, Passion, Leadership, and Teamwork and will demonstrate the ability to lead and coach program staff to accomplish established objectives. This position requires excellent relationship-building and collaboration skills, superb organizational skills, and attention to detail, the ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, and a commitment to the mission and culture of Life-Changing Community Outreach. The Program Coordinator co-designs establishes, implements, and reviews program systems and logistics under the direction of the Program Director. The Program Coordinator oversees the daily coordination of all programs in the Youth Department, including daily upkeep of the attendance database system, monitoring program flow, and structure, maintaining school-based relationships with Teachers, Administrators and assisting the Program Director with management and training of Program Staff.
What You Will Do:
- Maintain an inviting, safe and orderly environment.
- Communicate with the parents through daily drop-off and pick-up.
- Plan, Create and Prepare field trips, activities, program calendars.
- Acquire and manage program equipment, materials/supplies, and facilities.
- Maintain a positive attitude toward co-workers, students, parents, schools, and venues.
- Monitor student behavior on-site during all programs.
- Maintain student participation and attendance throughout the year via recruitment and retention activities, including student voice and choice engagement strategies.
- Meet or exceed the average daily attendance goals throughout the year.
- Maintain and forward fiscal data, including receipts, supply/material requests, evaluations, attendance data, and reports to Program Director per established procedures and timelines.
- Attend professional development and training activities and meetings provided by LCCO.
- Travel occasionally to offsite meetings, training, and events.
- Check email daily to ensure that program updates and communications are reviewed and responded to promptly.
- Respond to inquiries from parents and students regarding program offerings, attendance, and registration procedures.
- Assist with preparing for site visits with special visitors and guests.
- Visit classrooms daily to ensure programs/activities are running according to program standards and provide suggestions, demonstrations, and assistance for improvement, as needed.
- In coordination with the Program Director, implement Youth Quality Assessments twice a year (Fall and Spring)
- Conduct pre-shift meetings to keep all staff current on daily activities and/or changes. Promote, advertise, and market brand and programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Make recommendations to the Program Director for improvement on equipment, supplies, facility, and program needs.
- Set up and move furniture.
- The ability to stand or walk for long periods of time.
- The ability to lift to 30lbs.
- Clean up after programs are finished.
- Be flexible and adaptable to new situations
What You Will Need:
- The successful candidate will be a detail-oriented self-starter with strong leadership, organizational, management, and communication skills.
- One or more years’ experience working in a leadership or supervisory capacity in an afterschool, day camp, or community outreach setting.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others.
- Experience working with a diverse population (strongly preferred).
- Familiarity with youth development principles.
- Skills in data tracking, record-keeping, writing reports, and maintain student and staff records.
- Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate sensitivity to others.
- Ability to respond to critical incidents and emergencies with swift and mindful action.
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills.
- Must Clear all required Drug and Background checks.
- Availability to work evenings or weekends for field trips, special events, or weekend programs.
- CPR and First Aid training a plus but not required.
To learn more about LCCO, please visit our website: