Primary Objective of Position:
To participate in delivering youth program services at Quincy House and to carry out the vision to provide our students hope, love and support throughout their journey as a young adult.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Preparation - Leaders will watch a video or read a briefing of what is to come on a given program night. This will allow the leader to be intentional with his or her nightly conversation.
- Participate in Training and Retreats - All leaders are required to attend training sessions and retreats. Participation in other learning or training directed by Quincy staff will also be mandatory.
- Provide Rides to Students - If able and willing, leaders will pick up and drop off students for any activity they are leading.
- Assist Program Manager With Nightly Tasks - Leaders will help serve meals, lead games, activities and small groups, create a fun culture around the house, and fill the gap in whatever other way they are asked to.
- Be consistent - Leaders will show up once a week on their assigned night (Tuesday or Thursday 6pm - 8) for the duration of their commitment to their role. This consistency manifests itself in showing up to program physically, as well as showing up to each relationship, conversation and activity going on at Quincy.
- Willingness to Intervene - Leaders must be willing to confront and handle conflict amongst teens, and they must actively share and voice their thoughts in Group and Real Talk, especially when teens are not speaking up.
- Other Events - Leaders will do service projects with our teens, go on trips, lead local activities, recruit youth, lead support groups, network for volunteers, etc.
- Child Protection - Leaders must submit to child protection policy.
- Pray - Leaders will spend time praying for our teens outside of program.