Pedagogical Coordinator Internship/Erasmus placement with YES Akademia
YES Akademia is recruiting a Pedagogical Coordinator Intern/Erasmus student, working 35 hours a week for 6 to 12 months from February.
- Internship space to be filled from February/March 2021
- Duration: 35 hours/week for between 6 and 12 months.
- Location: Mainly based at L’Ascenseur, 29 Boulevard Bourdon, 75004 Paris and at 9 rue Pierre Rigaud, 94200 Ivry-Sur-Seine, but also in Les Maisons Pour Tous and Maisons des Associations in Paris, and the Parisian suburbs (La Courneuve, Pantin etc…)
About YES Akademia
Yes Akademia (YAKA), non-profit organisation since 2012 in France, certified by Jeunesse Education Populaire (JEP) of the minister of public sports education and associative life, accompanying young people between the ages of 15 and 35 through innovative socio-educational and solidarity programmes in order to all: “Dream, venture and act in diversity”.
Convinced that each of us possess buried potential just waiting to be discovered, YAKA helps young people from all walks of life in the development of interpersonal skills (for example, open mindedness, citizen engagement, self-confidence) and practical skills (for example, project management, public speaking, teamwork) so that they are able to become entrepreneurs of their own lives.
YES Akademia provides several programmes, which include:
- IMPOWER : an 18-month programme for 25 participants, aged between 15 and 25 years old, of which the first phase is 8 months of weekly workshops on different themes and games such as the fight against discrimination, sustainable development or even entrepreneurship. A second phase consists of immersion into a village in Senegal, India, Haiti or Nicaragua, throughout which the participants live with a host-family for 45 days, taking part in community life, organising workshops and assembling micro-development projects. Finally, the last phase puts everything into practice from the last ten months, (in various forms: volunteering within the association, the creation of media or solidarity projects) whilst being guided by mentors.
- INTERGENERATIONAL PROJECT : YES Akademia is currently acting within a residence at Ivry-Sur-Seine in order to create a social link between the locals and to help them put in place micro-projects, with the goal of creating a positive dynamic between neighbours.
More information is available on the Yes Akademia website: www.yesakademia.ong
Roles of the Pedagogical Coordinator:
- Implementation of the Intergenerational project at Ivry: Supervised by the leader of pedagogy, you will organise activities with the Ivry residents each week. You will write reports, be in contact with the residents, and make impact evaluations.
- Leading RAPIDMOOC ateliers: You will create numerical workshops with the RAPIDMOOC device to upload to the Rise Up website.
- Recruiting participants for the IMPOWER programme from May 2021: You, along with other YAKA members, will carry out presentations within schools, universities, associations and other companies, do street-marketing, be in contact with the candidates, lead interview and select 7 participants to join the ongoing 9th promotion as well as the 10th promotion which will start in October 2021.
- Help with the organisation of other programmes, events and activities: You will help with organisation and the coordination of the Press Start and IMPOWER programmes and monthly events for alumni, lauréats and volunteers. There will also be organising the time of regular meetings with the mentors as well as cohesion weekends to reinforce this link.
Due to the COVID-19 epidemic, the roles of the applicant will adapt to the measures put in place by the French government and could therefore be modified.
What we can offer:
- An extremely enriching experience on a professional level, and at the same time on a personal level.
- A considerate and invested manager and team who will help you to develop your interpersonal and practical skills, particularly in our Bamboost programme which is dedicated to our staff and volunteers and is in operation with our holacracy management system.
- A large network, enabling you to meet new people and form professional and friendly connections with committed people both young and older from all walks of life.
- You have a good level of French
- Are you adaptable, proactive, dynamic, considerate, organised, an educator, resourceful, creative, thorough and always (or almost always!!) in good spirits and positive?
- You feel at ease leading workshops for groups and speaking in public. You have a good grasp of communication and interpersonal relationships.
- You are aware of sustainable development, responsible entrepreneurship and of the four values of the NGO which are: the search for autonomy, valuing benevolence, the affirmation of citizenship and respecting differences.
- (An advantage) You have a degree in the pedagogical or educational sector, experience in leading or teaching as well as knowledge in both digital and Drive tools.
- Finally, if you have the desire to live more than just a professional experience, to be an actor of change and to do a job which has meaning, this position is for you!
Please send your online registration form to https://forms.gle/nse63GTjGyWNNdCy9, with your CV attached before the 28th February 2021.
If your application interests us, we will contact you to complete an online application and to carry out an interview on Google Meet or Zoom.