The world is Fun (TWIF)
The World is Fun is growing, and we are looking for awesome people, just like you, to join our Communication Team. Our mission is to get people involved in giving back to the Seattle community, and our volunteer staff makes this all possible.
TWIF works within Seattle communities to create new opportunities for people to give back in a social and philanthropic way. We connect people to volunteer activities that fit each individual’s interests, passions, and busy schedules while introducing them to a new network of friends. Since 2009 TWIF has developed a network of over 15,000 volunteers, engaged over 100 businesses and nonprofits, and coordinated events resulting in thousands of hours of volunteer service. And we accomplished all of that with a 100% volunteer staff. Today TWIF continues to grow - partnering with more businesses, more nonprofits, and more volunteers every day.
For more information, please visit www.theworldisfun.org
Content Editors are part of TWIF’s communication team. In collaborating with our newsletter coordinator, they will be responsible for drafting, polishing, proofreading, and editing the TWIF’s blog and newsletter or any article content that needs to be emailed to our mailing list or posted to TWIF’s website. They will also be responsible for adjusting the content for different platforms.
· TWIF’s blog content (interviews as needed, drafting, editing, posting).
· Newsletter support (editing, drafting). Assuring the posting is in the right format for our website or the potential audience (Squarespace).
· Work with other teams to determine messaging needs.
Desired Skills and Abilities
· Creative eye.
· Willingness to be flexible as the process tends to be quite fluid.
· Excellent writing and editing skills.
· Strong project management skills working in a team environment.
· Strong interpersonal skills (verbal and written).
· Highly organized and detail-oriented.
· Knowledge of email marketing preferred.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer-run.
This role is very flexible, 8-10 hours a month with one monthly meeting to attend. Our ideal candidate for this role would be seeking an ongoing role of one year or more.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume online at https://www.theworldisfun.org/apply
TWIF is an Equal Opportunity Organization.
The world is Fun (TWIF)
The World is Fun is growing, and we are looking for awesome people, just like you, to join our Communication Team. Our mission is to get people involved in giving back to the Seattle community, and our volunteer staff makes…