Contra Nocendi International, an international human rights NGO registered in Paris, is looking for a driven person a background in development and fundraising to be a key part of our team. Recently, our legal team and our Cameroon team worked together to successfully seek the release of a minor held in pre-trial detention for nearly 3 years. We have successfully represented human rights victims at the UN and at the African Commission. We have intervened to gain the release of innocent persons held in pre-trial detention. We have held governments accountable for their poor treatment of LGBTIQ+ persons. Now we want to do more. We look forward and not back as we seek a future of more impact and sustainability for our organization. In order to do this, we are looking for a dedicated development person to take the reins of our development work and become a key part of our team.
This position in held remotely.
- Professional level of English. Being able to work in French is a definite plus.
- Passion for Human Rights, past human rights experience a big plus
- Comfortable speaking publicly on behalf of Contra Nocendi International
- Natural leadership abilities. You naturally take ownership of driving success
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience with engaging all levels of donors from foundations to individuals making small donations
- Grant writing experience
- Strong voice with the confidence to provide advice and insight from your experience and vantage point.
- Bac/bachelor's degree
- Most be willing to work in a multicultural environment where sexual orientation and gender identity expression rights are respected.
- Ability to work remotely
Additional positive attributes
- Experience in Africa or working on human rights, development or humanitarian issues in Africa
- Experience working with colleagues based in other countries from your own.
- Social Media experience
- Past experience leading development efforts
Contra Nocendi International, an international human rights NGO registered in Paris, is looking for a driven person a background in development and fundraising to be a key part of our team. Recently, our legal team and our Cameroon team…
If you are interested, please send a covering letter and a CV in English or French to email@example.com with “Head of Development” in the subject line.
Please note that this is a volunteer position. Given our budgetary constraints and considerations, we are unable to provide any remuneration of any kind. We do, however, give you an opportunity to support some impressive human rights defenders that really pour their hearts into what they do.