Just like everyone, the team at Obvi has gone through a lot of changes in the last 18 months. With a leadership team spread across the country, and a "new normal" in life in general, we know it's a good time to revisit our model and methods for furthering our mission of building community through sharing stories. We have the first draft of our new plan, and we're looking for people to help us make it a reality.
We are looking for individuals who share our passion for equality for all to join our team and help us develop our plans for years to come. Our team values a positive attitude, scrappy-ness, fun, and connection above most things.
This opportunity is open to all. It's a great fit if you're a student who has volunteer requirement, you're a professional looking to give back your skills, or you're a professional looking to pivot and needing some different experience on your resume. If the role sounds exciting to you, and you're ready to commit some time to our mission, please do not let lack of experience keep you from submitting an application. We have gotten to where we are by having a team of dedicated folks willing to learn and get the job done. If that's you, you'll fit right in.
Our Strategy Lead will:
• Work with President to develop long term strategy and best use our various teams to achieve our goals
• Help identify the overall program timeline for each quarterly “showcase” and ensures that new tactics deployed by all teams align with the strategic goals.
• Work well with others
• Be the connective tissue between all teams
Skills and traits that are a plus:
• Big picture thinker
• A self-starter, ready to bring their own ideas to the table
• Ability to take feedback and adjust content accordingly
• Culture-obsessed, keeps tabs on trends and has an idea of what's coming next. Always has a new big idea
• Familiarity with social media platforms and social media marketing
• Time management
• Experience with artist communities, journalist communities, and activist communities a plus!
• Commitment is 10 hours per week with an ideal commitment of 3-6 months
• 10 hrs will be inclusive of meetings
• Remote is OK
Just like everyone, the team at Obvi has gone through a lot of changes in the last 18 months. With a leadership team spread across the country, and a "new normal" in life in general, we know it's a good time to revisit our model and methods for…