Instruction Fundraising person to solicit donation videos - virtual volunteer Position
Haiti-Now is dedicated to empowering Haitian girls living in domestic servitude to overcome poverty and exploitation to achieve economic security.
Role brief: Serving as a key member of the Fundraising team, this role will be responsible for researching and analyzing fundraising strategies in an effort to grow, evaluate, developing and executing fundraising campaigns, researching strategies for growing community and engagement, and identifying potential major gift donors among other responsibilities and prioritize the organization’s fundraising efforts. This will include develop a strategy on how to reach potential donors. Most likely businesses dealing with smartphones.
This is an unpaid, volunteer role reports that to the Fundraising Program Manager.
"Your first assignment will be to start a fundraising campaign. Haiti Now will provide further guidance for you to have a quick and successful fundraiser."
- You will be involved in fundraising solicit donations in kind of 30 Android smartphones to be used to conduct a national survey in Haiti.
- Collect survey data using KoBoToolbox | Data Collection Tools for Challenging Environments.
- KoBoToolbox is a suite of tools for field data collection for use in challenging environments.
- Most of our users are people working in humanitarian crises, as well as aid professionals and researchers working in developing countries.
- Communicating with new fundraising prospects to expand Haiti Now’s presence.
- Supporting the Fundraising Program Manager in identifying and building processes to track and report on funding.
- Working on special projects as applicable that will support the advancement of Haiti Now’s development goals.
- Updating social media posts.
- Following up with prospective donors.
- Participating in meetings with the Fundraising team.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Marketing and/or Public Relations background preferred
- Basic knowledge or interest in the field of nonprofit fundraising/development
Minimum volunteer hours expected: 5 – 10 hrs per week
- Demonstrated ability to write successful social media and marketing content with clear, precise and compelling writing skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, deadline-driven
- Proficient with Facebook functionality, including fundraising and analytics
- Fluent in spoken and written English, able to communicate clearly and consistently
- Reliable internet connection a must
- Motivated self starter with the ability to work independently with purpose and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think creatively
- Proficiency with Google Suite Apps such as Drive, Sheets, etc.
- Familiarity with or quick adoption of Trello and Slack tools important