World BEYOND War, a global grassroots network advocating for the abolition of war, is looking for volunteer Chapter Coordinators around the world. The Chapter Coordinator will work alongside World BEYOND War’s Organizing Director to advance World BEYOND War’s mission to end all war, by carrying out events, campaigns, and activities aligned with WBW’s areas of focus: peace education, weapons divestment, and closing military bases.
What’s involved with starting a World BEYOND War Chapter?
- Be familiar with World BEYOND War’s mission, and be able to comfortably tell people about the organization and its work
- Maintain communication with the individuals and organizations in your region who have signed the World BEYOND War Declaration of Peace, and serve as a liaison to the World BEYOND War Board
- Collect signatures for the Declaration of Peace
- Organize a minimum of 4 events/meetings per year, such as study/discussion groups, book talks, volunteer meetings, guest lectures, film screenings, lobby meetings with elected officials, and rallies
- Fundraise for World BEYOND War (optional)
- Assist with research and writing for fact sheets and blog articles (optional)
- Translate materials from English into your native language, and translate news on antiwar activism from your language to English for the WBW website (if applicable)
- Assist with social media, web design, and graphic design (optional)
World BEYOND War will:
- Provide educational resources and organizing training to develop and implement your chapter activities
- Create a webpage and email listserv for your chapter
- Publicize your events & recruit volunteers
- Connect you with individuals and organizations around the world working on similar campaigns to yours, to share expertise and activism
- Share your news with a wider global audience through our email, website, and social media