The Volunteer Accountant position is a volunteer position responsible for oversight, recording, and reconciliation of the financial accounting of Enduring Keys, Inc., a non-profit. The Volunteer Accountant works closely with the CEO and board members demonstrating attention to detail and good record-keeping skills to meet state and federal tax and non-profit regulations.
- Must embrace the mission and assent to the core values of Enduring Keys, Inc
- Organized, strong attention to detail, and demonstrate self-direction and follow-through
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense, and good listening ability.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance and/or 5-7 years of experience as an accountant.
- The duties and responsibilities for this position include:
- Input into General Ledger/QuickBooks and run reports
- Develop, with assistance from CEO and Board of Directors, annual operating budgets and grant application budgets.
- Record payments via check, credit card receipts, miscellaneous postings per the bank statement, and expense reports weekly.
- Reconcile monthly Bank Statements
- Run PayPal reports from the web and copy Donation Manager for donation entry.
- Run Treasurer’s reports for Board of Directors meetings.
- Run Grant summary reports for quarterly filing.
- Run 1099’s and W-2’s at year-end for the January 31 st deadline as well as year-end giving letters.
- Maintain a filing system for documents that will be handed over to the CPA/Auditor.
Expectation of Commitment:
This position requires a regular commitment of 4-6 hours per week.