Thorne Nature Experience is a non-profit organization that is committed to building Earth stewardship by providing youth with joyful, hands-on, place-based environmental education experiences that foster an emotional connection to nature.
Thorne Summer Camp has been connecting youth to nature since 1957! Thorne offers day camps in Boulder and Lafayette for youth ages 3-15. Thorne’s outdoor “Camp Experiences” inspire exploration in nature and offer just the right mix of fun and hands-on learning with a focus on themes like survival skills, nature art, wild nature play, and more. Our camp believes that everyone should be able to experience the joy of nature and provides full scholarships to 25% of our campers. Join us in getting youth outside and connecting to the wild landscapes of Colorado!
We are currently hiring for the following positions: Summer Camp Volunteers
Thorne is the camp for you if you:
- Are inspired by our mission
- Enjoy engaging with children through outdoor exploration
- Love nature and working outside
- Thrive in a role as a mentor
- Are excited about working at a trailblazing non-profit that is progressive, collaborative, and supported by a nature loving team
- Care about equity and diversity
Full position descriptions are on Thorne’s website. http://www.thornenature.org/get-involved/employment/. Consulte el sitio web para obtener la descripción del trabajo en español.
Please complete our online Summer Camp Staff Application on Thorne’s website to get started! If you have any questions, contact Carrie at 303.499.3647 x110 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Camp Employment Qualifications:
- Must be 18 or older, 21 or older required for some positions
- Passion for outdoor adventures and connecting youth to nature
- Experience or interest in teaching in an outdoor setting
- Strong communication skills with adults and children
- Good organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and roles, patiently and professionally
- Experience relating to and communicating with diverse audiences, especially Latinx participants and families preferred
- People of Color encouraged to apply
- Bilingual in Spanish and English encouraged to apply
- IF YOU ARE APPLYING FOR AN INSTRUCTOR SUMMER CAMP POSITION, you must have a minimum of 460 hours of full time or equivalent part-time satisfactory and verifiable experience with school-age children.
- You must provide letter(s) of recommendation from organizations or businesses in which you have been involved in the care or supervision of four or more children since you have turned 18. The letter(s) must include a summary of your qualifications and the number of hours you have worked in that position. Any letters of recommendation must be on company letterhead, and the reference needs to provide their contact information, including an address, phone number, and email address.