The Senior Manager, LMS Development will be responsible for the creation requirements for each specification which support the vision and direction of assigned product(s) to the LMS team(s). This includes creating high-level functional specifications that support the product roadmap and guiding the features from start to finish.
- Optimize the operations of our current LMS system and fully leverage it to serve the vast learning needs of our clients spread across in various parts of the globe including newer client instances and/or integration with their existing LMS.
- Contribute to the ongoing development and enhancement of the overall LMS system acting as a visualizer and contributor the open source community. Should be well versed with the latest tools & techniques that can be adopted by our existing system.
- Creatively use instructional design, learning methods and appropriate technologies to enhance learning and engage multiple learners through blended learning solutions.
- Strong understanding of white labeling, LTI tools and multiple format content management.
- Ability to create new users and upload new courses into to the system, as well as create custom reports based on evaluation results and employee training statuses.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the multiple LMS interfaces.
- Load, integrate and test learning content to the LMS.
- Create customized tests, assessments, surveys, evaluations within the LMS.
- Troubleshooting LMS issues, discrepancies and online course testing.
- Create, manage, and analyze multiple LMS metrics as per dynamic organizational requirements.
- Provide technical support, training and customer service to all LMS users/clients as needed.
- Perform administrative duties within the LMS.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and LMS trends.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
- Product Development Department
- SG Leadership Team
- Human Resources
- Internal Departments
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in LMS development company or an E-Learning company.
- Hard core programming expertise in Moodle LMS customization.
- Should have experience and expertise in detailed customization existing Moodle features/modules.
- Should have experience and expertise in integration with other external database/applications and also third-party social plugins.
- Proven expertise in core PHP, MySQL/MSSQL, IIS/Apache and ability to foresee, plan and mitigate performance issues on these technologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication and customer service skills.
- Professional, confident, enthusiastic and detail-oriented.
- Demonstrated excellent administrative, interpersonal and forward-thinking organizational skills.
- Ability to coordinate and maintain follow-up on a number of projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrate initiative and be a self-starter.
- Outstanding troubleshooting and problem-solving skills. Relevant certifications.
- Ability to interface effectively and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time and effectively prioritize to achieve optimal results.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills, ability to accurately analyze information and make sound decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and accountability for achieving results.
- Master’s degree in related field
- Experience working remotely as part of a team.
- Experience working in a start-up company, non-profit or entrepreneurial environment.
- Self-directed and disciplined with the ability to work independently in an ever-changing environment.
Why volunteer with us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
- In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
- School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer-run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.