PurpleStride is the walk to end pancreatic cancer and is among the largest sources of funding for PanCAN while raising awareness and creating a community among those affected by this disease. The Sponsorship & Flagship Chair plays a critical role in the financial success of PurpleStride. This position is focused on corporate engagement in the local community through two key programs; sponsorship and flagship.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Partner with PurpleStride Chair and other planning committee chairs to determine event revenue goal.
- Recruit and manage sponsorship & flagship committee members.
- Prospect, solicit and steward prospective and existing corporate and community partners.
- Cultivate relationships with local corporations and systems for sponsorship and/or flagship proposals.
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of organizational messages to accurately represent the organization and affiliate to corporate and community partners
- Ensure all sponsors create a team for PurpleStride
- Keep prospects and relationships apprised of organizational news and ensure year-round stewardship
- Secure renewed pledges of past supporters.
- Ensure agreements are signed and submitted to PanCAN for benefit implementation.
- Work with other planning committee chairs to develop a list of needs for event day activities to ensure top notch customer service.
- Maintain a prospect pipeline and track activity regularly
- Connect the dots on potential higher-level sponsor opportunities (Nationwide or outside of PurpleStride)
- Complete and maintain Partnership Agreement with PurpleStride Chair.
- Access to a computer and the internet as well as proficient computer skills.
- Respond to inquiries within two business days.
- All volunteer committee positions are expected to regularly communicate with their local volunteer leader, think holistically about referrals (patient, volunteer, donor, etc.) and demonstrate a commitment to the PanCAN mission.
- Business savvy
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to build relationships with executives and leaders within the corporate or community setting
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Willingness to publicly speak or give presentations
- Strong leader, communicator and motivator
- A friendly, positive, solution-oriented, professional demeanor
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of community
- Strong time management
- Conflict management and resolution
- Commitment to Pancreatic Cancer Action Network’s mission