Care Needs Assessment is the systematic approach to ensuring that the care service uses its resources to improve the care of the population in the most efficient way.
To be successful as a Needs Assessment Officer volunteer, you should be resourceful, and demonstrate excellent time management and patience. You can choose to do research on the
whole country, region, county, district, city, unitary authority, borough, parish, constituency, or ward in Africa and the Diaspora.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To carry out care needs assessment and to ensure that people can benefit from care service or from wider social and environmental changes.
- To carry out successful care needs assessments that requires a practical understanding of what is involved, the time and resources necessary to undertake assessments, and sufficient integration of the results into planning and commissioning of local services.
- To carry out care needs assessment in the systematic approach to ensuring that the care service uses its resources to improve the care of the population in the most efficient way.
- To involve epidemiological, qualitative, and comparative methods to describe problems of a population; identify inequalities and access to care services; and determine priorities for the most effective use of resources.
- Carry out care needs assessment in Africa and the Diaspora making a choice of your countries in Africa and BAME communities in the UK and other Diaspora countries.
- To produce reports for the Care Needs Assessment that will be used by the managements and Grants Writers to make decision and write grant applications.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A qualification in research, public health, marketing or similar.
- Proven experience in needs assessment in the relevant field.
- Sound understanding of needs assessment methodologies.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Strong statistical and mathematical aptitude.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Practical experience in database management.
- Attention to detail and exceptional written, verbal, and telephonic communication skills.