In this role, you will be part of a digital marketing team made up of marketers, content specialists, writers, designers, and other experts helping shape the future of School Group by helping meet organizational goals for online traffic, subscribers, development, advocacy and fundraising.
- Assisting with execution of all plans, strategies and tactics for web, content, email and social media marketing campaigns, initiatives and programs.
- Assisting with the deployment of marketing campaigns to increase brand awareness, create buzz, drive donations, and inform, educate and inspire our global audience.
- Assist with the creation of a brand-relevant marketing calendar, then using it to take actionable steps to ensure that departmental goals are met.
- Helping to leverage organic, paid and partnership marketing opportunities.
- Working to help identifying new technologies, platforms, and channels to reach and engage our audiences.
- Assisting the Digital Marketing Team Lead with day-to-day activities and special projects, as needed.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
- Add positions consulted for this role, both internal and external. Also include direct reports, if any, and level of supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or other relevant field of study.
- 2+ years of digital marketing experience (preferably in a nonprofit or media organization) with an understanding of driving brand awareness and fundraising using content, email, and social channels.
- Working knowledge of analytic tools such as Google Analytics, Ahrefs, and others.
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to conduct quality assurance and proofreading of all marketing campaigns and communications.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign), a BIG plus.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Teams and SharePoint helpful.
- Experience working remotely as part of a team.
- Experience working in a start-up company, non-profit or entrepreneurial environment.
- Self-directed and disciplined with the ability to work independently in an ever-changing environment.
Why volunteer with us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
- In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
- School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer-run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.