Mission of GeekGirlCon
GeekGirlCon celebrates and honors the legacy of women contributing to science and technology; comics, arts, and literature; and game play and game design by connecting geeky women worldwide and creating community to foster continued growth of women in geek culture through events. GeekGirlCon values being a Welcoming Community, Empowerment, Diversity and Inclusion.
Manager of Gaming
The Tabletop Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to plan the programming for the GeekGirlCon tabletop room. This person will research tabletop games, companies, and designers. They will work to establish relationships with 3rd party game companies and put together a killer show-floor of game demonstrators and enthusiasts.
- Work with the Games team to develop tabletop room scope (demonstrations, Learn-to-Plays, tournaments, etc)
- Research, contact and develop relationships with tabletop companies and individuals who could have a presence at GeekGirlCon
- Regularly update the Gaming Team with progress made – both in person and via Gaming Team documentation
- Be the main point of contact for table hosts, demonstrators, vendors, etc in the table top room
- Great communicator with extraordinary people skills
- Professional disposition
- Deep knowledge and passion for tabletop games and companies
- A self-starter who requires little supervision
- Passionate team member
What It Means to Volunteer as GeekGirlCon Staff
- GeekGirlCon staff positions are all volunteer, non-paid positions.
- Attendance in-person or remotely for staff and departmental meetings is required.
- Must maintain prompt and professional correspondence.
- Most work is conducted over email and with Zoom meetings in the Seattle area.
- Between 5-7 hours per week of work is required for this role (including meetings, etc).
- The staff is a team of highly dedicated, geeky, and passionate volunteers; it’s a lot of hard work, but an amazing experience with lots of opportunity to help build GeekGirlCon for the future!