The role is a key part of a team delivering a range of connection volunteer activities across the
organisation. The postholder will coordinate a network of volunteer managers and volunteers who, alongside the teams, deliver a range of connection volunteer services. The postholder will recruit, train, match and provide ongoing support for the volunteer managers and volunteers and provide oversight of the relationship volunteers have with other teams. Creative thinking and a person-centered approach will be crucial in delivering the greatest impact for those we support.
- Work with the volunteer managers to support the recruitment journey and retention of volunteers.
- Encourage people to volunteer through a variety of marketing and promotion approaches, including social media.
- Develop, coordinate and engage a network of around 500 active volunteers for the service.
- Book and deliver relevant and engaging volunteer training sessions.
- Work with the volunteer managers to resolve any volunteering related issues or complaints.
- Proactively liaising with the volunteer managers, select volunteers
- for the right roles and match them to the right roles, considering preferences and restrictions on both sides.
- In partnership with volunteer managers gather regular updates from volunteers and add them to the database.
- Provide advice and guidance to volunteer managers and volunteers and support them from concerns as appropriate.
- Support the ongoing monitoring and evaluation of our services.
- Gather volunteer feedback and take appropriate steps for service improvement
- Contribute to our grant writing and fundraising effort by embracing opportunities to fundraise yourself, to promote fundraising and to support the fundraising team
Skills and Experience
- Experience of managing or supporting volunteers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with people with the same and/or different life experiences to you
- Experience of being self-sufficient to effectively
- organise your personal diary, balancing multiple priorities and responsibilities and troubleshoot to find solutions to problems
- Experience of working effectively within a team while working in a largely remote setting
- A good level of IT and administrative skills, being able to use collaborative tools and video conferencing to support flexible working
- The ability to work flexibly including some evenings and weekends