At the International Association of Atheists (IAA), we are working hard to make a meaningful difference in peoples' lives. IAA is a coalition of atheist and atheist-friendly people and organizations working together to make secular humanist initiatives happen. We strive to educate, protect, and assist atheists internationally. We are innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven and focused on changing the stigma associated with atheism by employing humanist ideals to help make the world a better place. IAA envisions a future in which atheists have the opportunities and resources they need to participate openly and confidently in every aspect of society.
We require at least one article or blog post per month.
This position requires conceptualizing, writing, editing and promoting the content for IAA’s blog to drive supporter engagement and campaign success.
We are seeking several bloggers. We especially want people that can communicate in multiple languages, but this is not required
- Assist with the creation of a style guide
- Complete writing projects, meet deadlines, and follow content requirements
- Pitch ideas while taking tone, style, marketing goals and target audience into account. Will need to consider data from our analytical tools for ideas.
- Write and edit articles from scratch. Because of this, superb writing skills are a must, especially in regards to clarity and readability. Must also be able to thoroughly edit each post draft and eliminate awkward wording, misspellings, inaccuracies, inconsistencies and grammatical errors.
- Implement search engine optimization (SEO) by inserting basic keywords or deploying advanced, scalable SEO strategies.
- Promote blog by working with senior staff, blog team members, and/or the Social Media Manager
- Engage audience in a professional way so they feel acknowledged and understood
- Conducting research on any given topic
- Update editorial calendar
Required Competencies and Experience:
- Strong creative writing & editing, diplomatic, interpersonal, and presenting skills
- Excellent organizational skills to keep calendar up to date
- Understand grammar rules and how to construct clear sentences
- Be mindful of things like flow, readability, and sentence variety
- Computer literacy
- An understanding of SEO best practices
- The ability to cooperate with other writers and editors to complete projects
- The ability to give feedback on writing projects
- Most have knowledge of and experience writing about humanism and nonprofit campaigns
- Committed to IAA’s mission.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – Committed to an organization that values different backgrounds and life experiences and allows everyone involved to be their authentic self. Builds equity into structures, systems, and processes for our teams and the communities we serve. Engage with others in a way that is respectful and empathetic while ensuring all who we engage with are treated with dignity.
- Must be an atheist or atheist ally
International Association of Atheists embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain, and promote a talented diverse team in a culture where all members will contribute to their fullest potential.
IAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer