In this role, you'll use your expertise in content marketing writing and strategy to help our marketing team produce high-quality, SEO-based content across channels (blog, social media, etc.).
- Defining our brand voice on our blog and social media channels, making education a compelling issue with a fresh, smart, and approachable tone.
- Leading an editorial process to create website and blog content, and email and social media campaigns that break through to new audiences and define what’s being talked about in the education, e-learning and international development.
- Working with a team of writers, graphic designers and video producers to create organic and paid campaigns.
- Using metrics that matter to reach and engage new audiences, getting them excited about education, e-learning and global communities.
- Advising on opportunities to use content to attract donors, new supporters, partners and volunteers, while inspiring people to become involved with our movement.
- Training the content team on brand voice and best practices, to level up their skills.
- Executing A/B testing to optimize campaigns.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
- Add positions consulted for this role, both internal and external. Also include direct reports, if any, and level of supervision.
- 2+ years of experience in content writing and strategy, preferably with nonprofit organizations.
- Expert ability to balance a performance-based and creative approach to create successful content strategy, including blog post, article and social media ideas.
- A holistic understanding of how to leverage intellectual and emotional content.
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Communications, Media, or Marketing.
- Ability to confidently explain your ideas on what makes content good or bad.
- Experience working remotely as part of a team.
- Experience working in a start-up company, non-profit or entrepreneurial environment.
- Self-directed and disciplined with the ability to work independently in an ever-changing environment.
Why volunteer with us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
- In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
- School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer-run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.
How to apply
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you!