Dweebs Global is a nonprofit that unites good people from every corner of the planet to provide free mentorship, brainstorm solutions to today’s most pressing problems, and work together to fix world crises. We are looking for a talented UI Designer to join as a volunteer in one of our flagship projects. If you're excited to be part of an amazing team, doing some inspiring work, please consider signing up with Dweebs Global. It is a great place to gain some experience while making a real impact
As our new mobile designer, you will work closely with the mobile product team. Your primary goals will be to design the UI for the mobile app we are developing across multiple platforms such as iOS, Android, Windows and mobile web.
Responsibilities in detail:
- Develop intuitive, usable, engaging, interactive audio-visual designs for mobile.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams throughout the design process
- Participate in the development process from definition, through design, build, test, release, and maintenance.
- Stay abreast of UX trends and look for creative ideas and inspiration in parallel analogous worlds.
- Research and track advancements in mobile application design patterns.
- Break any design problem down into viable actionable chunks and solve them with clarity and precision.
- Staying in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes, trends in the mobile design field.
- Strong graphic design skills, with a good understanding of typography, intuitive layouts and palate development.
- A bachelor’s or higher degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction, cognitive science or related field.
- Strong ability to recognize and predict use-cases and user interaction, including happy path, edge and corner cases, and incorporate them into designs.
- Excellent understanding of user-experience design for mobile and the web, technology trends, demonstrable design skills, and ability to show relevant work.
- A team player who can easily adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- Experienced in using Photoshop, InvisionApp, UXPin or other relevant design tools.
- A good understanding of Apple’s human interface design guidelines, Android design and other mobile platform designs, including Google’s material design.