in the Minka project we are developing community development work, support for children and women in areas of extreme poverty in the Andes of Peru, this work is driven by volunteers, at this moment we are expanding our projects and we need socially motivated people to help in this work.
- Direct and assist volunteers or interns in various projects.
- help in the management and direction of various projects of the organization, in the field as in the office.
- Represent the organization in various official activities, visits and agreements with other institutions or populations.
- Information and training tasks for the volunteers who come to the project.
- Check the welfare of the volunteers.
- Supervision of the house of volunteers
- Manage the funds and resources of the organization.
- Help in advertising
- Directing and implementing, in coordination with the team, new activities and social, academic or economic projects of the organization.
- This role is aimed at people with a strong social support motivation, who are willing to adapt to a sociocultural environment in which they will work, positive and energetic people, who love to work as a team and who agree to participate, both professionally and from a friendly point of view for the human being, in a multicultural team.
Although it would be valuable, you Do not need previous experience in this area, we take care of the training and the continuous orientation. In summary, for us a positive predisposition to collaboration is very important.
- Advanced English level (preferred native speaker)
- minimum age: 21 years
- Have capacity for empathy, understanding and patience.
- Possess a positive, adaptable and open mentality.
- Management of social networks and basic word program
- is important to have the patience and ability to deal with little girls (5-9 years old) and womens of our projects (important)
- It would be ideal to possess skills or interests related to yoga, fitness, holistic energy health and related spiritual philosophies.
- Some level of Spanish language (optional)
- Persistence, energy and resolution to face personal and labor challenges in the organization.
- minimum commitment of adaptation and collaboration will be at least Twoi months,
- This is a role of learning and exchange, we preferentially look for people who do not have experience or who are looking to start in the area.
- It is not necessary to have previous experience in the area.
- Ability to work in a multicultural team.
- Free accommodation in the house of the organization.
- have access to a stipend amount that is 30% with the possibility of an increase, this amount is calculated in relation to the total amount collected or achieved in the various collection activities, courses or activities of the organization.
- Have the opportunity to be an integral part of our organization. (even legally)
- Training and continuous personalized and professional advice given by people with extensive practical experience and university training.
- Training in areas of: Andean history and culture, Spanish and Quechua, varied excursions (recreational, cultural and ecological-adventure tourism) and expeditions to areas in the Andes and the jungle of Peru.
- Training on food, cakes, healing herbs and Andean and Amazonian drinks.
- (Optional) training and experimentation of the cosmovision and ancestral mystic forms of Inca energy.
- obtain experience in the area of community work, volunteering and practical management of a nonprofit organization in a practical way.
- Certificates and legal and convalidable official documentation
- You can validate your experience with internships related to your professional training.
- Develop additional paid activities (fundraising, collection campaigns, English / Spanish teaching, various courses, etc.)
Depending on your effort and commitment to the organization you can direct your own projects, have the role of alternate director, represent the organization, be considered for other projects and other positions of trust.