The ESL & Literacy Instructor at Literacy Delaware will be responsible for teaching specific classes for adult learners including English to Speakers of Other Languages, Digital Literacy, and Health Literacy.
- Create integrative, learner centered lesson plans.
- Report attendance and goals each month.
- Assist with registration of learners.
- Attend in-person or webinars for skill development.
- Administrative support.
- Assist in developing and implementing new programs
- U.S. Citizen or U.S. Legal Permanent Resident (recently naturalized citizens are encouraged to apply).
- Express commitment to complete one year of National Service.
- Associates or bachelors degree (Education, Social Work, or Human Services preferred)
- Experience with and/or desire to work with children, youth, and their parents
- Flexibility, creativity, responsibility and initiative; able to work well with others
- Solid speaking and writing skills
- Must obtain all required clearances (Child Abuse, Police Criminal Record, FBI fingerprint)
- Training/Professional Development Opportunities
- Living allowance distributed biweekly)
- Child care allowance
- Health Insurance
- Eligible for $6,495 education award upon successful completion of AmeriCorps term of Service
- An opportunity for federal student loan forbearance during the term of service
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $15,100.00 per year