Collaboration and Leadership
Valuable experience for social activism, public relations, social media management, marketing, advertising, communications, and business students; reference will be provided for volunteers who successfully complete placement. Position includes a 7% stipend of the volunteer’s generated monthly fundraising proceeds. Volunteers also receive a monthly wellness plan through Living Sanctuary and a scholarship to attend the Nature Studies Conservatory.
- Positive, talented, energetic, highly motivated, and diligent self-starter with a strong work ethic, and a desire to learn
- Passionate about our cause to build and engage our online community
- Excellent project management; organizational, oral/written, interpersonal, and relationship building skills; and business acumen
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Successful experience in promoting a non-profit organization gaining local and/or national media attention and engagement while safeguarding organizational branding utilizing social/electronic media and online platforms
- Demonstrated ability to conduct interactions in alignment with organization values, a high level of integrity and ethics; and to represent the organization positively and professionally at all times
- Proven ability to exercise good judgment and sound decision making and to strictly adhere to confidentiality policies
- Attention to detail with the ability to multi-task, adapt to shifting priorities, and meet deadlines; works well independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, plan, execute, and fulfill community engagement events
- Marketing expertise with the most popular social media and crowdfunding platform (non-profit marketing, fundraising, and direct-marketing preferred)
- Experience with media outlets- contacts; ability to network and make strong connections in the community
- 10-15 hours per week; meetings via Zoom/Skype 1-2 times per week
- Engage, educate, excite and empower. Plan, direct and develop communication of informational programs to create greater exposure and maintain engagement and awareness of the organization's mission, programs, products, and services.
- Effectively utilize communication vehicles, grassroots outreach, and an expanded online presence to spearhead and contribute to social media opportunities across various digital platforms and social communities.
- Help to develop and implement effective, creative social media and crowdfunding strategies to engage and build our online community in collaboration with the founder, the council, and the board.
- Efficiently identify areas for improvement; optimize content and presence to increase the flow of traffic to current social media platforms.
- Arrange public appearances, talks, seminars, and workshops to increase program and service awareness and engagement promoting the organization’s mission.
- Effectively communicate to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with the interfaith healing center community, donors, and public interest groups.
- Build relationships and partnerships with local community groups such as schools, churches, social activism groups, local chapters of charitable organizations, and small businesses.
- Promote and grow our projects, identifying relevant and timely news stories to our mission
- Increase our supporters by engaging in a meaningful discussion with them and supporting their dedication to our mission and vision.